Author Topic: SODE ISSUES  (Read 3168 times)

goodperson36

SODE ISSUES
« on: March 25, 2018, 05:16:28 am »
HI Fellows,

I have a great question and a confusing one as well. I recently have had issues with GSX acting funny. The problem is everytime I install a third party airport it always coming up to install SODE. why in the heck if I have SODE already installed in PreparV4 other scenry are asking me to activate SODE again in thier products makes no sense to me can someone please explain thanks.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 05:18:03 am by goodperson36 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 06:56:11 pm »
The SODE installer will not "downgrade" an existing SODE installation and, if you already have the latest version, it should skip the install and proceed so, even if a scenery is prompting you to install it, if you already have the latest version, there's nothing to worry about.

goodperson36

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 09:17:47 pm »
So I am doing a fresh install of all my FSdreamteam airports should I install all the airports before installing GSX thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 09:29:12 pm »
So I am doing a fresh install of all my FSdreamteam airports should I install all the airports before installing GSX thank you

It doesn't matter, as long you used the current installers, those that install into their own folder, opposed to the old ones, which used to install into the sim.

goodperson36

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 10:04:46 pm »
ok no problem just one more question could i go to the Sode website and install the latest sode then install my products will that work as well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 10:52:06 pm »
ok no problem just one more question could i go to the Sode website and install the latest sode then install my products will that work as well

Of course. If we haven't said anything (or updated the installer), it means there was nothing to do, and all our products are already compatible with the latest SODE.

goodperson36

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 12:10:27 am »
Umberto I am sorry thank you so much for answering my question. I do have one more question when I install SODE it pulls up a box and ask what program files I want to install it in. It's say install simobjects  Display Engine to: it's already pre filled saying

C:\ program files (x86)\12bpilot\sode\

But since I have lockheed Martin prepar3v4 on my G Drive do I change the install to my G Drive lockheed Martin Folder. Or do I just leave it to install on my C:\ program files (x86)\12bpilot\sode\ thank you hopefully my last question of the day 😂

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 10:47:26 am »
Can't you simply trust the installer and accept the default options ?

One of the many advantages of P3D4, is that add-ons can be installed everywhere, not necessarily inside the main sim folder. And in fact, all good and 3rd party add-ons that claim to be fully compatible with P3D4 should install outside the sim, which is what LM recommends, since it will result in an easier time in case you'll have to reinstall the sim entirely.

So, unless you have finished your space on C:, is perfectly fine to install SODE there. And if you have finished your space in C:, choose any other drive, like G:\ or G:\SODE, but not the folder of the sim.

goodperson36

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 03:46:47 pm »
Umberto Thank you!!!!