Author Topic: P3Dv4.2 KJFK v2 crashing to desktop as soon as I load into the cockpit  (Read 3780 times)

rasmorak

This is happening in every single aircraft I try, whether it's the PMDG 747 or the Majestic Dash 8. I just reinstalled P3D the other day but the issue persists. I checked Couatl.err and there is nothing in there. All other airport sceneries I have are loading fine, as well as GSX. KJFK v2 is the only FSDT scenery I have. P3D will also crash midflight if I am around KJFK.

If there's another error log, let me know and I'll be happy to post it.

EDIT: Just bought KMEM, running smoothly, no problems so far. Only JFK v2 is crashing.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:52:24 am by rasmorak »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Since you don't have any error reports, and GSX is working too, the problem doesn't have anything to do with JFK.

The most common cause of crash at the airport, is an AI traffic model which is not fully compatible with P3D (or has a missing/corrupted texture), so you are mislead thinking the cause it's the airport, because it only happens when you go there, but that's just because that particular model appears at JFK, because of its livery and schedule and yes, non-compatible and/or missing/corrupted AI textures are known to cause the sim to crash.

The easiest way to verify this, is try the scenery with all the AI Traffic sliders set to Zero.

rasmorak

Thanks for the quick response! I'll disable my traffic sliders. I did buy the SPAI traffic addon before that developer got wrecked. I'll uninstall that if the sliders don't work, and report back.

EDIT: turned my traffic sliders to zero, and uninstalled SPAI, but we are still crashing immediately.

EDIT 2: removed all custom sceneries from P3D, including JFK V2, still crashes. I'll look elsewhere for a solution. Thanks Virtuali!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 08:27:14 pm by rasmorak »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
removed all custom sceneries from P3D, including JFK V2, still crashes.

Well, at least this ensures the problem wasn't the airport. Look for vector/mesh addons you have installed: if it crashes with no AI and no airport, it must be the surrounding scenery.