Author Topic: GSX Vehicles running into each other.  (Read 1916 times)

vicsim

GSX Vehicles running into each other.
« on: February 13, 2018, 07:43:32 pm »
I recently bought GSX and I absolutely love the product. it really adds to the immersion factor, however.  I often see vehicles running into each other, they seem to just drive through each other with no specific pattern.  Sometimes they even run through my A320.  Any known fix for this?  I can provide screenshots if needed.

Vic

Oggie

Re: GSX Vehicles running into each other.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 12:34:07 am »
I have had a similar experience although not quite as drastic.  I find quite often ground vehicles crossing in front of me or coming head on to me.  It is especially disconcerting when they are on a taxiway stub from the runway.

mbscjohnp

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 03:50:40 am »
Vixsim:  In your parking position, try setting the offending GSX vehicles in a different start position and test to see if you are positioning them to avoid this.  John
Retired (mostly tired) pilot (bus driver), whose Flight Surgeon declined to re-certify and bosses said to "go fishing", but still paying every month. Now simming familiar routes in an Airbus (fly-by-wire & only touch the knobs when ATC says so) "bring a good book". Cockpit should have online movies.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 12:10:22 am »
GSX vehicles are not entirely aware of each other. If we tried doing this, it would slow down performances a lot (since every vehicle should monitor all the others), and it would probably open to an entirely new class of problems, like traffic deadlocks on the apron and who's supposed to yeld to whom.

But you can fix most of the issues, by setting a different starting position for them, which is the main reason of being allowed to customize the starting position for each vehicle.