Author Topic: GSX disappearing after some time  (Read 4089 times)

GSX disappearing after some time
« on: February 06, 2018, 10:52:10 am »
Hi all,

My problem is that sometimes when i need to restart my coutal engine, because the pushback dialog is not showing up, wich is really annoying btw, the GSX menu is gone from the Addons tab.

However the addon manager is still there. Process explorer tells me that the scripting engine has been killed and a manual restart (the .exe) does, as presmued, not attach the process to P3D.

To sum up:
1) From time to time my pushback dialog (hitting 5 in the menu) is not showing so i need to restart the engine and then;
2) happens - the engine is completely gone from P3D.

Anybody here experiencing this behavior?

//EDIT:
No antivirus, firewall etc. pp. all done.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:00:55 am by 30K »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX disappearing after some time
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 11:47:32 am »
My problem is that sometimes when i need to restart my coutal engine, because the pushback dialog is not showing up, wich is really annoying btw, the GSX menu is gone from the Addons tab.

If you still have the Couatl menu (since you said you can restart it), it means the software is running normally, so nothing to do with antivirus, etc. If just the GSX menu disappear, it seems GSX must have reported an error. Check if you have an error log here:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 12:04:49 pm »
Thanks for your response.

I do have an error log file but the contents make no sense.

First of all, it is from 2017 and at dubai not eddf where the error appeared last.
Anyway here you go:

couatl v3.2 (build 3859)
panic log started on Tue Nov  7 15:50:24 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\parkingDialog.py", line 412, in recreateObjects
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 497, in setupJetwayModel
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'checkedData'
{'Airport': 'OMDB', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate F 18', 'User Pos': (25.250131516440494, 55.360566944866214, 14.5065 m, 4.14351 m, 211.7129701511699)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 12:30:18 pm »
I do have an error log file but the contents make no sense.

First of all, it is from 2017 and at dubai not eddf where the error appeared last.

If you enabled logging (in the GSX Troubleshooting section) after that date, errors won't appear in the Couatl.err file, but in the Couatl.log file instead. Of course, in order to see the error, you must check the Coautl.LOG file as soon as the problem happens, because the file is recreated from scratch each time the sim start or you restart Couatl from the menu.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 01:59:56 pm »
Well i've checked for a log file but that is not present also logging is disabled.

Furthermore i've noticed that the settings screen isn't longer "above" P3D with a blacked out screen, after 5 sec. or so P3D continuous normally and the GSX screen goes to the back. The only way to make it visible again is alt tab.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 02:41:19 pm »
Well i've checked for a log file but that is not present also logging is disabled.

It's disabled, by default, which is why I said:

If you enabled logging (in the GSX Troubleshooting section)

Which meant if it's disabled, you must enabled it.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 02:58:41 pm »
Yes i understood that but how can then be there no err nor a log file? At least one must be there or am i wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 03:01:35 pm »
Yes i understood that but how can then be there no err nor a log file?

The Couatl.err, which will appear if there's a script error, will appear also if logging is disabled, but the Couatl.LOG is more complete and might give some additional hints, which is why I asked to enable logging.