Author Topic: Reset to Default?  (Read 2029 times)

jason99vmi

Reset to Default?
« on: February 01, 2018, 04:58:50 pm »
Umberto-

Is there a way to reset GSX back to original install settings?   

So i think over time a number of .cfgs have got messed up (i'm sure my doing).   i.e. Marshaller on ladder for an E175,  marshaller directing you thru his body and too far, Aerosoft Airbus A319 having a cargo loader at rear cargo hold, or ground vehicles not showing up at all for certain aircraft. 

I know most of these can be fixed manually thru the slew feature of updating the configs, but didn't know if there was a way to reset them all back to default and then i can fix from there.  If i delete then run live update will they rebuild? 

Thanks!

Jason

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reset to Default?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 12:57:17 pm »
Removing this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes

will reset all the airplanes to their default internal configuration that comes with GSX. Note that, it's possible you might still have some GSX.CFG files in the Simobjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME folder, which are usually a location used by 3rd party airplane developers to supply a GSX configuration.

This might be better (or not) than the default internal one (assuming there is one), depending on the product. You can check with the airplane editor where GSX is taking its data from.