Author Topic: Pushback truck too slow to depart  (Read 2017 times)

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Pushback truck too slow to depart
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:35:12 pm »
Some of my flights in Concorde are close to the maximum range so minimising fuel usage is vital after pushback.

Currently the ground crew member takes a long time to walk back to the truck, get on it and for the truck to then move away. It’s directly ahead of the aircraft so I can’t move forward until it’s out of the way.

Can you make him walk a bit quicker please and for the truck, if possible, to move away from the taxiway sooner.

Finally, when I hear “left is clear, right is clear” it seems reasonable to release the parking brake. But when I do the warning message appears. A few seconds later I see the GSX message saying all is okay. Any reason why this is so time critical?
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback truck too slow to depart
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:44:41 pm »
Can you make him walk a bit quicker please and for the truck, if possible, to move away from the taxiway sooner.

The man walk to a realistic speed, which would look comical if we just speed it up. If you are really time pressed, that's why time acceleration in the same is made for.

Finally, when I hear “left is clear, right is clear” it seems reasonable to release the parking brake. But when I do the warning message appears. A few seconds later I see the GSX message saying all is okay. Any reason why this is so time critical?

The parking brake warning is all the same across the whole procedures that requires one. We might just release the constrain a bit earlier at the end of the pushback.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Re: Pushback truck too slow to depart
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 11:38:32 pm »

The man walk to a realistic speed, which would look comical if we just speed it up. If you are really time pressed, that's why time acceleration in the same is made for.

Reasonable point. In real world ops does the push-back truck sit directly in front of the aircraft like that? It would seem more logical for it to move to one side (closest to the terminal) so as not to block the aircraft from starting its taxi. If it did move to one side then the ground crew could walk to it clearing the way for me to taxi earlier.

The parking brake warning is all the same across the whole procedures that requires one. We might just release the constrain a bit earlier at the end of the pushback.

That would be appreciated, thanks.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.