Author Topic: GSX & Aerosoft PANC Professional - overlapping AFCADs - cant exclude  (Read 9350 times)

woozie

Hey there

I've got an issue with Aerosofts recent Anchorage Professional scenery. I cant edit the northern Cargo parking spots as this area seems to be overlapping with another AFCAD used for a gravel strip just next to PANC.

I tried to exclude this second AFCAD using the method described in the GSX manual (adding the ICAO ID to couatl_addons.cfg and set visibility to 0). However, GSX is still seeing the unwanted AFCAD. Is it possible that this is due to the fact that the second AFCAD apparently has an 3 letter code instead of a proper 4-letter ICAO code (its called Z41)?

Or did i simply do something wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX & Aerosoft PANC Professional - overlapping AFCADs - cant exclude
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 04:47:15 pm »
Is it possible that this is due to the fact that the second AFCAD apparently has an 3 letter code instead of a proper 4-letter ICAO code (its called Z41)?

I checked the code and, the number or letters wasn't really an issue, but the fact the icao code used numbers was (the regular expression that parsed that command accepted only letters).

It's fixed, if you run the FSDT Live Update now.

woozie

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 09:45:38 am »
wow that was quick, thanks Umberto, appreciate your support!

Will check tonight and let you know

woozie

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 08:59:27 am »
worked like a charm btw, thanks again for your swift support!

Wise87

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 04:47:57 am »
Ran the latest update but when parking on North Cargo (UPS Ramp) all I get are Lake Hood options.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 11:22:16 am »
Ran the latest update but when parking on North Cargo (UPS Ramp) all I get are Lake Hood options.

You don't say if you HAVE created a visibility exclusion line for Z41 in the Couatladdons.ini. The Live Update won't create that one for you (it can't), it would only fix the previous problem of not recognizing the airport_visibility commands for ICAO codes with numbers inside. But you still have to exclude the airport.

Hungrypilot

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 06:39:53 pm »
How is this problem fixed?  Can it be explained how to exclude Fort Hood to get rid of the overlappings?  GSX is still not functioning properly in PANC.

Even if you warp to a north parking spot, then GSX thinks you're in Fort Hood.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 10:07:54 am »
How is this problem fixed?  Can it be explained how to exclude Fort Hood to get rid of the overlappings? 

It's clearly explained in the GSX Manual, Page 24, the explanation of the "airport_visibility" parameter.

As I've said in my previous message, what the Live Update fixed was JUST the issue of numbers in the airport_visibility string not recognized but, you still MUST create it yourself, it's not obviously possible for GSX to automatically decide by itself which airport you want to use, when there are two overlapping, with different ICAO codes.

So, if you follow the GSX manual, and create a proper airport_visibility for Fort Hood in the Couatladdons.INI file which, according to the GSX manual, should be:

airport_visibility_Z41 = 0

Will result in that airport being ignored by GSX and, since the January update, will be recognized correctly ( it wasn't before, because it contained a number in the ICAO code)

vc-10man

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 12:04:56 am »

You don't say if you HAVE created a visibility exclusion line for Z41 in the Couatladdons.ini. The Live Update won't create that one for you (it can't), it would only fix the previous problem of not recognizing the airport_visibility commands for ICAO codes with numbers inside. But you still have to exclude the airport.
Okay, read this same issue I have with Anchorage and Lake Hood, as suggested by you in another thread. Where is that Coatladdons.ini located?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 09:37:31 am »
 Goto Page 24 in the GSX manual and find out.

vc-10man

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 11:34:00 am »
How is this problem fixed?  Can it be explained how to exclude Fort Hood to get rid of the overlappings?  GSX is still not functioning properly in PANC.

Even if you warp to a north parking spot, then GSX thinks you're in Fort Hood.

Precisely. I get the same issue too.

vc-10man

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 11:34:56 am »

Thanks, will try that.

vc-10man

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 08:45:32 pm »

As I don't seem to be getting any answers, perhaps you could kindly advise me, why after I have used the 3D editor to locate the Fwd front door on the upper deck of a PMDG 747-400F so that I can get the one singular catering service truck to provide catering at the correct door, instead of a PAX version R1, I now get #2 flag stating 'Catering service not available for this aircraft'.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 02:46:23 am »
I now get #2 flag stating 'Catering service not available for this aircraft'.

That means you set the door too high, and there isn't any vehicle in GSX which can reach it. The catering model that goes the highest, can reach 8.3 meters, so it should be capable of reaching any airplane door, so be sure you set it correctly.

vc-10man

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2018, 01:24:41 pm »
Again, thanks for that advice.

I thought I had set it to the same height using the Text Editor on my PMDG 747-400F and GSX updated to latest on the Windows 7 64-bit Pro P3Dv4, where the Fwd catering service vehicle works perfectly. After trying the same Text Editor method on my Windows 10 64-bit Pro, and getting that error flag, I decided to use the 3D Editor and put the cross-hairs dead centre on the middle of that Upper Deck door, and thought that would do the job. But clearly did not as I got that error flag.

But now after reading your maximum operating height for those Catering Service vehicles, will re-check my measurements.