Author Topic: Aerosoft Airports problems with stands  (Read 3061 times)

clocki

Aerosoft Airports problems with stands
« on: January 01, 2018, 04:58:30 pm »
Hey guys,

I have problems with the Aerosoft airports. It seems GSX or Aerosoft is making ****. In Dusseldorf I only have half of the gates available and they are not well coded. I looked into the GSX config menu and GSX is using the file V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\scenery\0601\scenery\APX49130.bgl which seems to be the standard P3D airport file.

So I'm wondering is their is a chance to get that changed or get a well configured airport? To be honest I don't think it's a GSX problem and more a Aerosoft fault as they may want to promote their AES and so not want to have people have fun with GSX :/

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aerosoft Airports problems with stands
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 01:53:23 pm »
The first step would be having GSX read the correct AFCAD file. First, be sure the addon AFCAD it's on an higher layer than the default one.

It's possible the AFCAD has been rejected for some reason.

- Enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page

- Choose the "Restart and Rebuild the airport cache" option from the Couatl menu

- Exit from the sim and check your Couatl.LOG file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder. It should tell you why you .BGL has been rejected, assuming it WAS rejected, and it wasn't, for example, a simple case of another scenery in conflict.

clocki

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 11:49:52 am »
I could not find something in the LOG, the scenery seems not be named in the Logfile. A conflict can not be a problem as for Dusseldorf it's the only scenery available and the only one I've ever used. That goes also for some other Aerosoft airports.

In the sim the scenery is displayed fully correct without problems. I do not understand why it's not recognizing the right BGL or why there is a problem at all :/

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 03:51:22 pm »
I could not find something in the LOG, the scenery seems not be named in the Logfile.

Are you looking at the Couatl.LOG file which was created in the SAME session that you chose the "Restart and Rebuild the airport cache" option ? If not sure, do it again, because it you restarted the sim or Couatl in the mean time, the log would be overwritten.

If you don't understand the log entirely, ZIP it and attach it to a post, and indicate in which path you installed that scenery that cannot seen.

clocki

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 10:46:04 am »
Here is the log attached: https://mega.nz/#!QUFg1IBJ

The scenery is as all other sceneries installed in the P3D mainfolder in the standard Aerosoft directory: V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\aerosoft\Mega Airport Duesseldorf\EDDL_2013_SC

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 10:14:18 pm »
Here is the log attached: https://mega.nz/#!QUFg1IBJ

I cannot open the file, since it says it requires a decryption key. Why you used Mega.nz, when you can directly attach ZIP files here ?

clocki

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 03:40:34 pm »
I cannot open the file, since it says it requires a decryption key. Why you used Mega.nz, when you can directly attach ZIP files here ?

What's wrong with Mega...the forum gave me an error that it can not upload the file. After resetting the browser it works now. That's why I used Mega as it's fast and simple (when you do not forget to use the right link as I did ::) )

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 02:14:12 pm »
According to the log, it seems you haven't installed the Aerosoft EDDL scenery correctly, it seems it only has one entry in the Scenery Library:

"V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\aerosoft\Mega Airport Duesseldorf\EDDL_2013_SC\scenery"

Which contains only two .BGL, that don't seem to be AFCADs:

File V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\aerosoft\Mega Airport Duesseldorf\EDDL_2013_SC\scenery\EDDL-FSX-lib.bgl skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File V:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\aerosoft\Mega Airport Duesseldorf\EDDL_2013_SC\scenery\EDDL_2013_LIB.bgl skipped, likely too big to be an airport

Looks a partially uninstalled scenery.