Author Topic: p3d 4.1 everything is black textured  (Read 6120 times)

p3dx3

p3d 4.1 everything is black textured
« on: October 11, 2017, 06:38:26 am »
In p3d 4.1 the vehicles and people are black the textures do not show is an update for 4.1 required?

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
Re: p3d 4.1 everything is black textured
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:00:51 am »
I'm having the same issue with missing textures, I PM'd Umberto but have not heard back yet.

I believe Umberto is aware of the problem as it looks like LM removed some airport vehicle textures that he relied on ... but don't take my word for it, best to wait for a response from Umberto.

Cheers, Rob.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 08:24:41 am »
Are you referring to GSX vehicles ? Nothing in GSX calls any of the default textures. There was an issue we found (and reported to LM) that two default sounds used by GSX were removed, but it won't affect textures, and it will be fixed in the next GSX update.

I don't have any black textures. Are you sure you are looking at *GSX* vehicles and not, for example, default ground traffic vehicles  that comes with the sim ?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:26:23 am by virtuali »

p3dx3

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 08:41:52 am »
Are you referring to GSX vehicles ? Nothing in GSX calls any of the default textures. There was an issue we found (and reported to LM) that two default sounds used by GSX were removed, but it won't affect textures, and it will be fixed in the next GSX update.

I don't have any black textures. Are you sure you are looking at *GSX* vehicles and not, for example, default ground traffic vehicles  that comes with the sim ?

Re ran installer and all gsx vehicles and persons are black. request services and the approaching vehicles are completely black

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 08:51:09 am »
Re ran installer and all gsx vehicles and persons are black. request services and the approaching vehicles are completely black

I don't understand how this it's even possible.

If there was a problem with the xml files (the add-on.xml not being read), you wouldn't be able to even start GSX, because the modules wont't load, and the vehicles won't even appear if the folder for our objects which is referenced in the add-on.xml for GSX, and there would be lots of errors too. It's just no possible that textures were missing, since they are all in their own folders, together with the objects.

Try to clear the shaders cache, by removing this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

P3D is supposed to do this automatically when you install a new version, and while is doing this, all textures will be black, and they won't appear all at the same time, sometimes (depending how fast your system is) it could take minutes. Maybe your sim crashed while it was doing the shaders refresh, so it couldn't complete it, so now some class of objects are stuck in black textures.

Forcing a shader cache rebuild might help.

p3dx3

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 09:07:56 am »

If there was a problem with the xml files (the add-on.xml not being read), you wouldn't be able to even start GSX, because the modules wont't load, and the vehicles won't even appear if the folder for our objects which is referenced in the add-on.xml for GSX, and there would be lots of errors too. It's just no possible that textures were missing, since they are all in their own folders, together with the objects.

P3D is supposed to do this automatically when you install a new version, and while is doing this, all textures will be black, and they won't appear all at the same time, sometimes (depending how fast your system is) it could take minutes. Maybe your sim crashed while it was doing the shaders refresh, so it couldn't complete it, so now some class of objects are stuck in black textures.

It is a clean install of 4.1 but I deleted the shader folder and rebuilt. Black textures.

I had previously a problem of a ctd before the loading screen having too many addon.xml files and scenery.cfg entries

LM said they fixed it. But I read someone on the p3d forums has a problem I also have, no more ctd before loading but all black textures on some addons if I have too many scenery entries.

p3dx3

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 08:33:36 pm »

I did liveupdate and the loaders and pallet vehicles are normal again

The pushback truck has a corrupted texture again

p3dx3

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 08:49:20 pm »
It is pushback trucks only, another model

JPL19

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 08:56:47 pm »
I would like to jump in and say I have the same problem (or least very similar), and, I believe it may be strictly a v4.1 issue.  A possibly related thread in the LM forums - http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126017&p=168364#p168364 . As soon as I reverted the client back to 4.0.28.21686 the issue with GSX textures has disappeared.

Joe L.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:00:17 pm by JPL19 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 11:50:52 pm »
As soon as I reverted the client back to 4.0.28.21686 the issue with GSX textures has disappeared.

I was quite sure it wasn't a GSX problem, and I might not seeing it, because I don't have *that* many addons installed, since looking at the LM forum, it seems related in some way to the number of addons installed.

p3dx3

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 09:17:19 pm »
I would like to jump in and say I have the same problem (or least very similar), and, I believe it may be strictly a v4.1 issue.  A possibly related thread in the LM forums - http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126017&p=168364#p168364 . As soon as I reverted the client back to 4.0.28.21686 the issue with GSX textures has disappeared.

Joe L.

The baggage carts are working now but pushback trucks still bad textures!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 09:24:24 pm »
The baggage carts are working now but pushback trucks still bad textures!

As I've said, I cannot replicate this. The think sure, it's totally unrelated to GSX, it must be some kind of drivers/shaders problem.

giorgio-BR23

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 05:53:50 am »
Same here ! I´ve installed 10x times . Deleted MISC ...over and over again and no solution... cars black and sometimes blue ( november )... and believe or not by Oct was pink .
Jokes apart , I´m seriously... Let´s wait till LM P3D give us a solution. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 10:42:56 am »
Try to change the texture resolution from 4096 to 2048 and then back to 4096 ( if 4K is what you use normally ), we noticed this sometimes helps with lost textures.