Author Topic: Ray Smith VHHH  (Read 3164 times)

ozflyer

Ray Smith VHHH
« on: October 08, 2017, 11:27:53 am »
Hi Umberto,

I have installed a ray smith scenery for P3D, VHHH.

In P3D v4, GSX is referring to the default.

How can I make it refer to this bgl file ?.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ray Smith VHHH
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 11:47:38 pm »
There's no need to "tell" GSX to use a specific AFCAD, since GSX will respect the priority order, meaning it will use the AFCAD for a certain airport which is located on the highest layer in the Scenery Library so, normally, it's enough to place your addon AFCAD scenery on an higher layer than any other layer that can contain another AFCAD for the same airport (or the default one).

If that scenery is not seen, perhaps there are reasons why GSX has rejected it, and the most common ones are:

- The AFCAD is not self-contained, but it's only an enhancement for the default airport which is supposed to work together with it, just adding its own stuff. GSX doesn't support this configuration, because it works with a single AFCAD at time so, in this case, it will use the default airport.

- The AFCAD is too big, because the scenery developer placed large objects and texture inside it, so GSX rejected it because, in order to speed up the cache recreation time, by default it skips large files. You can check if this is the case by enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page, select "Restart and Rebuild the airport cache" from the Couatl Settings menu, and check the generated %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG, to see if GSX has indeed rejected the AFCAD for that reason. If yes, you can change airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes parameter in the Couatl.ini file, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13489.0.html

It should be set to a value larger than the AFCAD being skipped, and it's in bytes so, for example, if that scenery is 4MB, you should set it to 4000000 ( 4 millions of bytes ).

And, the command is case sensitive, so it should have been entered as such:

airportCacheMaxBGLSizeBytes = 4000000

I set it to 4MB, just as an example.

ozflyer

Re: Ray Smith VHHH
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:44:09 am »
Thanks Umberto

I will check and report back.