Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] Towing accross the airports and "Pre-push"  (Read 3078 times)

airbo

[SUGGESTION] Towing accross the airports and "Pre-push"
« on: September 24, 2017, 02:40:29 pm »
Hi,

I wanted to make two quick suggestions that came to mind for improving GSX and making it more realistic, I'm not sure if they're realizable though...

The first one would be to make tows possible, I mean, it would be awesome if we could tow planes from for a example a remote stand or maintenance to a gate for a flight using GSX (I don't think there's any add-on that allows that currently). It would be great also if GSX let you choose the route you want to use for the towing (I guess that's more complicated...).

The second one is about pushback, we often see in real life the push back truck connected to the plane way before pushback starts, it'd be nice if we could do that on GSX, connect the push during the boarding for example and when we're done and ready to go launch the pushback scenario.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the first one is possible, but that'd be awesome!

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: [SUGGESTION] Towing accross the airports and "Pre-push"
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 08:57:19 am »
Towing has been discussed many times on the forum and yes, it's planned for a future upgrade.

Being able to connect the Pushback during Boarding might be possible, but we haven't investigated this, since you are the first one requesting it.

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 09:59:10 am »
This would be awesome to see.  Im a ramp agent at MSP and i see the Delta Super Tugs pulling Airbuses, Boeings, MDs, you name it from Terminal 1 to the south hangers near the MOA.  I know it would be super complex so i would understand if it cant be done due to limitations for FSX. 
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

Ricochetv1

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 01:02:04 am »
They'd probably want to have the walker hop on to the truck at the very least in those situations... hehe

But yeah, there are a LOT of FBOs that will have a plane come in and park near their building entrance to deboard, then push them into whatever parking position they'll take for their stay. Then, pull them back out again when they leave. Maybe for GA @ FBOs at the more detailed airports, it could be made part of the boarding/deboarding service...

nickac1092

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 01:21:39 am »
I would use it more for starting/finishing a flight....  Delta brings their heavies to the hanger after they're done with whatever flight they did so the mechanics can spend a night doing their checks and send another available heavy out from the previous night to do whatever flight.... 

Right around 9PM is when alot of aircraft start terminating at the gate (which means no upload and will be going to the hanger) or Ronning at the gate (means staying at the gate overnight).... 

No what i really want is a completely different topic.  It involves 3 K-loaders for cargo aircraft but thats hijacking the thread....  so yea....
Cosmos II super twr / Asus Maximus X Hero / Intel I7 8800K 4.0GHz (OCed to 4.8GHz) / Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB 3000MHz / 2x Nvidia Zotac 4060TIs 8GB / Corsair AX1200I  / Samsung 2TB OS SSD / WD HDDs: 40TBs total / Windows 10 Home 64bit / **P3Dv4 user** / *Aircraft Fueler @ MSP* *Aviation geek*

Ricochetv1

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 05:19:57 am »
So... make a new thread...