Author Topic: Virtual Airlines Override not working! **SOLVED**  (Read 2720 times)

ols500

Virtual Airlines Override not working! **SOLVED**
« on: September 01, 2017, 07:05:05 pm »
Hello I have a problem with Virtual Airlines Override. I put in JMC,EZY,BAW into the virtual override, which is Jet2, Easyjet and British airways. I then opened GSX menu and I clicked boarding and it only showed British Airways and Easyjet, where did the Jet2 service go? But this is very strange, when I uncheck Virtual Airlines Override and open the GSX menu and select boarding it gives me Jet2 and British Midland. In the Customises airport positions menu there is TCX,TOM,JMC. So now Jet2 and British midland works but not Thomas cook?!!?

1) I probably need someone to explain to me how Virtual Airlines Override works
2) Many thanks in advance Ols.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:34:50 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Virtual Airlines Override not working!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 09:34:37 pm »
The GSX airline codes might be the same as the ones in ADE, but not always.

In this case, there was a conflict in ADE, because JMC is assigned to both JMC Airlines (an airline that doesn't exists anymore) and Jet2. And, the real world ICAO code for Jet2 is EXS but, EXS in ADE points to their former name, which was Channel Express Airways, now they are called Jet2.com.

So, in order to have GSX displaying the correct name, it uses Jet2.com for Jet2, and that's what you must insert as an airline code, either in a parking spot, or in the Virtual Airline override setting. If you put it as Virtual Airline override, it will take over *everywhere*, since this feature was made for use for Virtual Airlines, that might want to use their equipment whenever they go.

Most of the time, you want to set airline code for a single parking, a terminal, or the whole airport at most, so you use the Parking customization page at the affected airport, not the general settings page.

To know for sure which code is required by GSX, look at the GSX.CFG of any GSX vehicle, for example the Staircase, and find the lines beginning with Couatl.atc_parking_codes=, with the actual code following.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:36:49 pm by virtuali »

ols500

Re: Virtual Airlines Override not working! **SOLVED**
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 12:23:37 am »
Thank you virtuali, now I can use Jet2's "service". Is there a list of Airline codes anywhere and what actually is the airline code? For example menzies is not an airline so there is no way of me finding out what menzies airline code is. But British airways is an airline so I use the airlines ICAO (BAW), and if so how do you know which airlines have airline "services" with them?
-Many thanks ols