Author Topic: Another SODE process running and CTD related to bglmanx64.dll  (Read 3159 times)

ironcondor

Another SODE process running and CTD related to bglmanx64.dll
« on: August 06, 2017, 08:17:08 pm »
Hello!

FOllowing some of the threads I have this error coming up as well. Thoughts? Is this releated to the solution in another thread of deleting a line in REG EDIT.

The error I get when launding P3DV4 is " Another SODE process is running and to kill it in task manager." Then P3DV4 crashes to desktop.

Ironically, this started happening immediately after adding the Object Flow 2 for ORBX products for P3DV4 airports. They stated I should ask FSDT. Reason being is after I get that SODE error and the SIM crashes to desktop, when I run FSDT LIVE UPDATE, it appears to fix the issue temporarily but it then starts again when starting the sim at a later time.

One final thing I did notice was this only happens when I go to a FSDT airport. So when launcing the sim it crashes to desktop. When I run FSDT Live Update the sim starts. If I restart the sim at a non FSDT airport after the repair I can then start the sim over and over without it crashing to desktop.

Description
Faulting Application Path:   C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:   BEX64
Application Name:   Prepar3D.exe
Application Version:   4.0.28.21686
Application Timestamp:   594a7255
Fault Module Name:   bglmanx64.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version:   4.0.0.6
Fault Module Timestamp:   596dccbe
Exception Offset:   0000000000019150
Exception Code:   c0000005
Exception Data:   0000000000000008
OS Version:   10.0.15063.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:   1033
Additional Information 1:   a0cf
Additional Information 2:   a0cf3cfd1960a3c1aca9ffac59202653
Additional Information 3:   6324
Additional Information 4:   63243886a9a0a9d8a365b05879826c3f

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:   ce26a50ca3c881e417ff0deafa01a67e (116414856683)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:56:08 pm by ironcondor »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Another SODE process running and CTD related to bglmanx64.dll
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 12:15:14 am »
Ironically, this started happening immediately after adding the Object Flow 2 for ORBX products for P3DV4 airports. They stated I should ask FSDT.

Which is funny, since from your report, which I trust, it should have been obvious the problem was related to installing the new Orbx .DLL, which has just been released. Our has been there since the day P3D was released, and always worked ever since...

Reason being is after I get that SODE error and the SIM crashes to desktop, when I run FSDT LIVE UPDATE, it appears to fix the issue temporarily but it then starts again when starting the sim at a later time.

I can easily tell you why you might THINK this has "something" to do with FSDT, because it's sees to be fixed by the Live Update.

What's really happening is that, since the sim crashed (likely because of the new OrbX module you installed), Windows itself tried to "fix" the crash automatically, and set a compatibility registry key for Prepar3d.exe which in fact would make the problem worse, and prevent the sim from starting.

So, as a safety measure, we clear this registry key with the FSDT Live Update, so you see the sim is starting again, but that's not because we "fixed" or "updated" our software, but JUST because we cleared that dangerous registry key which prevent to start the sim, even when the cause of the crash didn't had anything to do with us.

SODE has the same option to clear this key, just is not automatic, and it's the "Fix 3rd party software Error" option in the Platform Manager menu. It does exactly the same thing as our Live Update: just clear the registry.

One final thing I did notice was this only happens when I go to a FSDT airport. So when launcing the sim it crashes to desktop. When I run FSDT Live Update the sim starts. If I restart the sim at a non FSDT airport after the repair I can then start the sim over and over without it crashing to desktop.

The first thing to try, would be trying to disable the OrbX module, and see if there's any difference.

ironcondor

Re:
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 12:18:15 am »
Thank you for your response. I am going to link this over at the ORBX forum, and you can see that I presented this issue to them first. They stated to speak to you :). It immediately started when I upgraded to the Object Flow 2 . Thank for your response!

And removing the OF2 model per the beta procedure is not working.

Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re:
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 12:23:47 am »
And removing the OF2 model per the beta procedure is not working.

I'm not sure what beta procedure you are referring to but, in general, if a module is installed in the proper way for P3D V4, which is using an add-on package, you can disable it from the "Options->Addons" menu.

If you can disable it that way, use either SODE or the FSDT Live Update to be sure the bad registry key is clear, and try again.

ironcondor

Re:
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 12:25:58 am »
It is the new Object Flow 2 beta ORBX has started. The procedure they listed was to opt out of the beta , revert FTX Central back to the non beta version. Doesn't work. I will find out from them on how to remove the dll. Thanks for your input on SODE and the registry. I do have SODE 1.5.3.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk