Author Topic: GSX latest build and PMDG 777 Cargo **SOLVED**  (Read 9583 times)

Jeeno

GSX latest build and PMDG 777 Cargo **SOLVED**
« on: August 03, 2017, 07:12:19 pm »
Hello,

I've just installed the latest GSX build and I've tested the PMDG B777 Freighter in three flights in three different airports: the stair used by the crew to board the aircraft seems to be missing. In all parking position the option "disable stairs" was uncheked. I also haven't modified the GSX profile for the aircraft.

Any ideas?

Giorgio
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 04:58:36 pm by virtuali »

fabristunt

Re: GSX latest build and PMDG 777 Cargo
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:07:42 pm »
I have the opposite problem, but with the 747F. I can't remove the stairs. Setting the door height to 0 used to work, but now it doesn't anymore. The upper part of the stairs just shoots up into the sky.

Having the stairs as an option in the settings on in the aircraft profile would be great ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 02:45:25 pm »
the option "disable stairs" was uncheked

As explained in the GSX manual, this option controls ONLY the rearmost passenger stair, the one which is normally used by cleaning crew. If the plane doesn't have a rear passenger door to begin with, the option won't do anything.

Both your problems seems to be caused by not having installed the latest GSX. Or by not using the configuration that comes with GSX.

- Install the current GSX

AND/OR

- Reset the airplane configuration in the airplane configuration editor, to be sure you are using the default configuration that comes with GSX.

Jeeno

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 06:31:00 pm »
I have installed the lastest version of GSX for sure as I have downloaded it from the website on Monday. Furthermore I have not touched the 777 configuration in the GSX settings, so it's something else.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 12:47:33 am »
I have installed the lastest version of GSX for sure as I have downloaded it from the website on Monday. Furthermore I have not touched the 777 configuration in the GSX settings, so it's something else.

Just to be sure. You said "the stair used by the crew to board the aircraft seems to be missing".

Are you referring to the front stair ? If you are parked on a parking with a jetway, it's entirely normal no front stair will be there, even if the jetway is docked on the 2nd door but, it has been like this since the very first version of GSX so, this cannot possibly caused by an update.

And, with "missing" you mean you don't see anything, or you don't see the same stairs we used before ? Because, not long ago (but many months ago), we updated the program to not use a passenger stair on cargo planes, but use something more similar to a ladder, because users suggested it seemed wrong to have a full passenger stairs on a cargo plane. But you surely must see either the stair or the ladder.

If you don't see anything, it's either:

- A problem with your plane config, which should be fixed by a RESET, to restore the one that comes with GSX

OR

- Your are parked where there's a jetway (even one you might not see because the Scenery Complexity is too low, but it's there, so GSX sees it)

Jeeno

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 01:46:22 am »

Just to be sure. You said "the stair used by the crew to board the aircraft seems to be missing".

Are you referring to the front stair ? If you are parked on a parking with a jetway, it's entirely normal no front stair will be there, even if the jetway is docked on the 2nd door but, it has been like this since the very first version of GSX so, this cannot possibly caused by an update.

And, with "missing" you mean you don't see anything, or you don't see the same stairs we used before ? Because, not long ago (but many months ago), we updated the program to not use a passenger stair on cargo planes, but use something more similar to a ladder, because users suggested it seemed wrong to have a full passenger stairs on a cargo plane. But you surely must see either the stair or the ladder.

If you don't see anything, it's either:

- A problem with your plane config, which should be fixed by a RESET, to restore the one that comes with GSX

OR

- Your are parked where there's a jetway (even one you might not see because the Scenery Complexity is too low, but it's there, so GSX sees it)

I'm using the cargo version, so I always park in a stand where there's no jetway. Anyway I'll try to reset the 777 configuration (and yes, I'm talking about the front stair).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:56:35 am by Jeeno »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 10:45:01 am »
I'm using the cargo version, so I always park in a stand where there's no jetway. Anyway I'll try to reset the 777 configuration (and yes, I'm talking about the front stair).

Sorry, but this doesn't happen. Are you SURE you don't see "anything", not even a ladder ? If not, there's no question about it, either you are not using the default config that comes with the plane, or you are parked where there's a jetway ?

The airplane configuration editor can tell you if the GSX internal data is used or, if some other customization is taking precedence over it.

Jeeno

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 12:06:35 pm »
I reset the aircraft configuration but nothing changed. Since GSX reinstall two weeks ago I completed 8 flights using the PMDG 777 Freighter and the ladder appeared only in Dubai at stand C39 when deboarding. When I departed from Dubai from the same stand the ladder wasn't there anymore.
Here's some screenshots:

https://s27.postimg.org/irc7ralmb/image.jpg

As you can see the source is "Internal GSX database" as it should be

Here's the 777F at Liepzig (Aerosoft scenery) at stand 478 and no ladder

https://s28.postimg.org/f6aiczg71/Stand.jpg

I also tested LAX FSDT and Anchorage Aerosoft in various cargo stands, and no ladder in both of them.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:38:43 am by virtuali »

p3dx3

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 11:21:28 pm »
I have the same problem, every time I first load in and request boarding or unloading at an airport. Even after taking off and landing at a new airport the stairs fail to show up. I have to restart gsx through the menus and it loads the stairs. p3d v4 and 777 freighter. I run auto update before starting p3d.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 11:43:28 am »
Here's some screenshots

Your screenshot shows the GSX loaders which still seem to be in their default starting position, which means your probably took it before calling boarding or deboarding.

At that stage, the stairs are still in their startup position (if the cargo loader are, the stairs will be there too) so, maybe you DO have stairs, but they started inside a building ? The default start position, if you don't customize it, is related to the parking size, and Cargo parkings are usually large so, it's possible the stair is there, but hidden in a building. This will explain why you can see it on another airport, maybe the parking size at that one is different, the layout is different, so the stairs doesn't start inside a building.

Of course, the stair is supposed to move, after you call boarding or deboarding so, it will eventually reach the door.

Jeeno

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 12:18:23 pm »
There are no buildings near this stand at EDDP. The stairs are missing, period.

Yesterday I tested also at Doha (Taxi2gate) scenery at stand F4 which is perfectly suitable for a B777 and stairs are missing. It's a GSX issue, not a scenery issue, not an aircraft issue.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:30:45 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 12:35:06 pm »
There are no buildings near this stand at EDDP. The stairs are missing, period.

Your 2nd screenshot indicated a building.

Yesterday I tested also at Doha (Taxi2gate) scenery at stand F4 which is perfectly suitable for a B777 and stairs are missing. It's a GSX issue, not a scenery issue, not an aircraft issue.

The issue is, I can see the stairs just fine with the 777, so it's clearly something related to your setup. And, some users reported they didn't like the ladder, and wanted to have the passenger stairs back so, clearly, they also have the ladder.

I'm sorry, but I'm on vacation until August 22nd, so I cannot check again or doing something like having a Teamviewer session with you, but I will when I'll get back.

Jeeno

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 12:45:14 pm »
So you think I've made a screenshot with the stairs inside the building? I'm speechless...

fabristunt

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 12:46:35 pm »
I have a similar ussue with the 747. Since it has it's own stairs, I disabled the default stairs by setting the  door height to 0. The problem is that they still show up sometimes. The upper part of the stairs flies up into the sky.
However, if I choose reset position, when I call gsx again, it works as intended  (=no stairs).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 12:50:43 pm »
So you think I've made a screenshot with the stairs inside the building? I'm speechless...

Since you made a screenshot with the loaders in the start position, which means even the stairs were in their start position, I obviously gave you the proper information in case you might have not noticed the stairs MIGHT have been inside the building.

So, I said that in order to help you finding what might be the problem. Instead, you took it in the wrong way so, in a way, I AM speechless too, because I was only trying to HELP you.