Author Topic: Load Times Longer Since Vector  (Read 1922 times)

downscc

Load Times Longer Since Vector
« on: July 22, 2017, 04:39:59 pm »
Orbx Vector came out for P3Dv4 a few days ago and since installing it I notice the couatl scanning has doubled in time.  I thought you excluded the vector directories from the scan?  Not a big problem, even now taking twice as long is still only a minute.

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
Re: Load Times Longer Since Vector
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 05:56:30 pm »
Hi Dan,
I do not know of a Vector for P3Dv4 being released in the last few days. To what are you referring? :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Load Times Longer Since Vector
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 11:14:18 am »
Orbx Vector came out for P3Dv4 a few days ago and since installing it I notice the couatl scanning has doubled in time.  I thought you excluded the vector directories from the scan?  Not a big problem, even now taking twice as long is still only a minute.

Yes, it's excluded by default so, unless they have changed the name of the folder, it won't be scanned by GSX. The folder automatically excluded is called:

FTX_VECTOR

But of course, you can add additional areas to the Couatl.ini file, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12051.msg92104.html#msg92104

If you enable logging in the GSX Settings page, the Couatl.log will tell you if an area has being skipped from scanning.

Of course, if you had ten of thousands new .BGL to the sim, you cannot expect the startup time to be the same because, regardless of GSX, the *SIM* itself will scan the complete set of scenery areas, and will keep a list of ALL .BGL files in memory. But of course, GSX doesn't have anything to do with this.