Author Topic: LSZH Zürich AFCAD File  (Read 7942 times)

harleylieni

LSZH Zürich AFCAD File
« on: March 18, 2009, 04:32:05 pm »
RW 28 in LSZH Zürich no Traffic (Arrival and Depart) I can't find a correct AFCAD File for FSX.

Thanks

Peter   >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LSZH Zürich AFCAD File
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 08:55:17 pm »
The Acad is obviously correct. There are several, and complex, reasons why traffic doesn't always land were we would like. I reccomend you follow the thread on the forum about the Zurich afcad, so you willl undertand the issues involved, which are common to flight sim.

Also, I'm moving the message under the Zurich area, but it would have helped if you said which version of Zurich, FS9 or FSX, you were referring to.

harleylieni

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 04:34:09 pm »
I do use FSX with world of ai traffic and I realize that the runway 28 is out of order.
All the other runways in Zürich are working. I’m not the only one who has this kind
of problem here in Zürich. It doesn’t matter at witch day or time I try, even the winddirection
has nothing to do with the ai traffic on the runway 28.

Thanks

Peter   :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 04:46:47 pm »
You probably haven't read carefully the whole thread.

It's not a problem of Zurich, it's just a fact that FSX (and FS9) doesn't allow the use of multiple crossed runways, without using some tricks like the runway "star" method, which have other side effects we would rather not to run into.

The AFCAD for FS9 that you can download on the forum and has been tweaked with the help of some forum users, use this method, but the one we supply in FSX doesn't, because we prefer to use a more standard approach with FSX.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:16:31 pm by virtuali »