Author Topic: FSDT Live Updates  (Read 4138 times)

NickFlightX

FSDT Live Updates
« on: June 25, 2017, 07:25:45 pm »
I am getting this error when trying to run the FSDT Live Update. The error is:

Runtime Error (at 144:1480)

Out Of Range.

Any ideas?

NickFlightX

Re: FSDT Live Updates
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 07:28:09 pm »
Another error comes up after I close the first one saying this.

Error 3 running B:\P3D v4\Addon Manager\Couatl_Updater2.exe which means The system cannot find the path specified.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 11:15:31 am »
I can't reproduce the problem, and nobody else has reported it. Try to download and install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager. Be sure you haven't moved any files manually after the installation of any FSDT product.

Xldczech

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 11:52:37 am »
You are not alone! I am getting this error, also.

I have turned off just about every background process I can think of (without crashing Windows 10, of course) including FSX Steam Edition, disabled all FSX Steam Add-ons, Windows Firewall, Sophos Antivirus and HitmanPro.Alert service so very few processes are, still, shown as "running".

I have also added the folders "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX", "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" and "E:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\" to my Sophos Antivirus Folder Exclusions settings.

Yet, when I download and run the latest version (August 26, 2017) of "setup_addonmanagerX.exe" I receive the pop-ups: "Runtime Error (at 144:1485): Out Of Range." quickly followed by "Error 3 running E:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl_Updater2.exe which means The system cannot find the path specified."

I performed a manual search in "RegEdit" and nothing (meaning, no path) shows up, anywhere, in the registry under "Couatl_Updater2.exe" so (crap!) frustration, again!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:23:11 am by virtuali »

Hnla

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 06:52:00 pm »
I keep getting this error as well overtime I try to install anything. Live, Update, Full Add-on manager installer, GSX installer, I get the error every time.

Any solutions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 09:25:42 am »
Since the Couatl_updater2.exe is surely installed by the installer, it's not normally possible the system couldn't find it.

The only possible explanation for this error, is that your defective antivirus has mistakenly removed the Couatl_updater2.exe program, wrongly assuming it might be dangerous, most likely for the only reason it downloads something ( of course it does, it's a LIVE UPDATER...).

As usual, download and install with the antivirus turned off, and configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.