Author Topic: Animated Passengers for P3d V4  (Read 5941 times)

ryanair

Animated Passengers for P3d V4
« on: June 12, 2017, 10:44:44 am »
Hello,

I´ve been waiting finally many years untill the 64bit version of P3D came out, so now as we have 64bit, will it ever be possible in Flight Sim history to have virtual passengers seing on/off boarding from the stairs of the Plane similar to GSX ground control / catering animation? Before it would hit VAS and OOM´s, but now as there is 64bit it should be possible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Animated Passengers for P3d V4
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:45:33 am »
I'd say they are now under serious consideration.

ryanair

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 10:48:47 am »

Well that would be a really evolution for any flight simulator game, since there has nothing been out there on the market yet.

KAWAUS

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 09:47:38 am »
Can I add to the list that a TUG gets added and that we can drive the tug. be so much more fun than using SLEW. hahaha

Kyle

karank

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 04:36:55 am »

This I would pay for! As well as something for P3D v4 towards the likes of 'Better Pushback Plugin' for XP11 where we can create a custom pushback route using a simple topdown interface.

GuyPhil

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 09:06:15 am »
Good idea for more realism  ;)

avantime

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 01:46:08 am »
+1 for the better pushback plugin for XP11. While GSX does so much more, Better Pushback is simply the best pushback plugin for any sim. I would love to see something like that implemented in FSX/P3D.

Here's a good video on how it works:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 01:48:43 am by avantime »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 10:52:46 am »
Better Pushback is simply the best pushback plugin for any sim. I would love to see something like that implemented in FSX/P3D.

Having to manually define Pushback, for each parking, if you never did a Pushback there before (which is how it seems to work, according to the video explanation), seems quite a bit of work but, of course, I can understand that, because it's way easier to program a Pushback if you always require the user to supply the info.

The hard thing to do, instead, is doing what GSX does: being able to figure out the path automatically in MOST of the cases, at every airport.

However, the interface to create the route is surely nice so, we'll take it into account when we'll allow users to define their own entirely custom Pushback nodes, which is surely something planned for a future version. That way, you'll have the best of both words: the convenience of GSX working 90% of the cases automatically without doing anything AND the ability to customize the special cases, like in that X-plane plugin.