Author Topic: P3D v4 crash on Scenery Library  (Read 9168 times)

Ifikratis

P3D v4 crash on Scenery Library
« on: June 03, 2017, 04:28:29 pm »
Hi all,

I'd like to report a crash that I get in P3D v4 .

I'm getting a crash when I have opened the Scenery Library and click "Ok" to close it. The Event Viewer shows this:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.23.21468, time stamp: 0x59279be2
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000001dfa851ae90
Faulting process id: 0x2b88
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2dc110204b641
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 6ab4157a-902a-4a6a-b9ad-44bee8e94961
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

If I click "Cancel" instead, there is no crash. I am running Windows 10.

I have installed only my v4 compatible add ons. These are:

ORBX GLobal, LC, Regions, Trees
FSDT aiports
Flightbeam aiports
FSDT GSX
Hifi AS16, ASCA

I'd like to share some findings I have. I have also posted that in LM forums, but as my search has nailed it down to FSDT and Flightbeam add-ons I'd also like to post here as maybe Virtuali can give me some support.

I used the new "Add-ons" menu to disable all add-ons. I restarted P3D, and the problem was gone. The sim was loading again fine after clicking "Ok" and no crash happened.

So, now we know the problem is created by one of the add-ons.

I enabled one add-on at a time, every time restarting P3D and then testing again. I only enabled/disabled add-on airports from the P3D Add-ons menu, not the scenery library.

I came to the following conclusions when I click "Ok" on the Scenery Library:

1) If I enable from 1 to 7 airports, P3D will not crash when I click "Ok". It will not crash even if I open the Scenery Library for a second time and click "Ok" again.

1) If I enable more than 7 airports but less than 13, P3D will not crash when I click "Ok" the first time, but it will crash if I do open Scenery Library a second time and click "Ok".

2) If I enable 13 or 14 airports, when I click "Ok" the loading takes forever. "Stucks" at 16% and goes up 1% every one minute or so. Obviously something is not right there.

3) If I enable, 15 airports, P3D will crash when I click "Ok" on the Scenery Library the fist time.

4) It seems it has not have to do with which airports are activated but rather with the amount of airports.

I spent a lot of time verifying these numbers, so there should be accurate.
My system is clean after a Win10 format. I have no antivirus and Prepar3D and all add-ons are installed on their default directories.

Any help would be appreciated. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D v4 crash on Scenery Library
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 04:39:45 pm »
What happens if you enable 0 airports on the Scenery Library, meaning you only enable the FSDT/Flightbeam and nothing else ?

Ifikratis

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 04:51:40 pm »
What happens if you enable 0 airports on the Scenery Library, meaning you only enable the FSDT/Flightbeam and nothing else ?

Thank you Umberto for the fast reply.

So, I tested now what you asked.

1) I only enabled FSDT/Flightbeam airports in the Scenery Library. Practically disabled all ORBX and FreeMeshX entries. Click "Ok".

2) I get a crash again. I restart P3D.

3) I only enable all FSDT/Flightbeam airports in the add-on P3D menu (deselect SODE)

4) I restart P3D

5) I open the Scenery Library again, check that only FSDT/Flightbeam airports are installed

5) Click "Ok"

6) P3D crashes again

7) Tried with SODE enabled on the Add-ons menu. Crashes again.

For your information, my installed FSDT airports are:

KJFK v2
KLAX v2
KORD
KIAH
KMEM
KCLT
PHNL
Hawaiian airports 1
Hawaiian airports 2

I have all Flightbeam airports.

The result is actually what I've found already. Probably if I only select less FSDT/FlightBeam airports as said in my first post, it will not crash. It is the amount of FSDT/Flightbeam airpots (16) that causes the crash.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 05:07:48 pm by Ifikratis »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 05:18:41 pm »
The result is actually what I've found already. Probably if I only select less FSDT/FlightBeam airports as said in my first post, it will not crash. It is the amount of FSDT/Flightbeam airpots (16) that causes the crash.

That's interesting. I must say I never tried with all airports at once but, it *might* be possible there's some kind of bug in the new Scenery Library that have issues with more than 16 sceneries ? I'll try now.

Ifikratis

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 08:01:07 pm »
Thank you Umberto.

Just to let you know, in my LM thread, two more people have acknowledged the issue:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=124893&p=158797#p158797

sfgiants13

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 08:19:37 pm »
I posted a thread but didn't see this one so I deleted that one.  I'm having the exact same issue with only FSDT/FB airports installed.  I own just about all of the airports.

overflow

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 02:44:50 am »

That's interesting. I must say I never tried with all airports at once but, it *might* be possible there's some kind of bug in the new Scenery Library that have issues with more than 16 sceneries ? I'll try now.
I have the same problem. I have all Flightbeam / FSDT Addons

When I activate more then 10 Addons from you the Library Manager will crash. After the 11. Addon from you is active under addons Terrain Data Load stops at 16%. After the 12. Addon from you crash if i renew the library.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 02:47:25 am by overflow »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 02:55:37 am »
Well, it's good, since it means LM will surely look into it.

swajc

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 03:55:33 am »
I can also confirm the number of FSDT and Flight Beam airports (15) will cause a CTD from the scenery library.  For me it's slightly different:  14 airports plus GSX is my max.  A 15th airport will crash P3D up exiting the scenery library.

I have not seen this on the forums yet and wonder if I'm the only one that has to do this:  once everything is installed to P3D/Addon Manager I need to manually add each scenery to the scenery library, the installer does not install them for me.  Is this what I'm supposed to experience?

Thanks,
James

overflow

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 03:03:32 pm »
Oh I think that is a Bug from LM
Why? I have 10x FDDT active + 3x 29 Palms + Sode + Addonmanager ------ Bums crash by the next Addon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 03:06:54 pm »
once everything is installed to P3D/Addon Manager I need to manually add each scenery to the scenery library, the installer does not install them for me.  Is this what I'm supposed to experience?

Of course not. Which version of the sim, exactly ?

swajc

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 12:33:31 am »
once everything is installed to P3D/Addon Manager I need to manually add each scenery to the scenery library, the installer does not install them for me.  Is this what I'm supposed to experience?

Of course not. Which version of the sim, exactly ?

P3D v3.3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 12:41:50 am »
P3D v3.3

Then you must download and reinstall using the updated installers which has been posted today, because we just added a workaround for the P3D 3.3 and earlier versions, in order to prevent a bug that has been fixed in 3.4.

You might find it easier to update to 3.4, just uninstall the Client (only) then download the 3.4 Client (only) and install it.

swajc

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 03:38:11 pm »
P3D v3.3

Then you must download and reinstall using the updated installers which has been posted today, because we just added a workaround for the P3D 3.3 and earlier versions, in order to prevent a bug that has been fixed in 3.4.

You might find it easier to update to 3.4, just uninstall the Client (only) then download the 3.4 Client (only) and install it.

Upgraded to 3.4 and I no longer need to manually load sceneries after installing them.  One thing I did notice was each FSDT and FB scenery cannot be checked/unchecked or set to a different priority within the scenery library.  Is this intentional?

swajc

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 03:47:14 am »
All set Umberto, I read the an earlier post from today that answered my question.