Author Topic: JFK V2 P3d V4 -All Gates showing as GA  (Read 9522 times)

jimos87

JFK V2 P3d V4 -All Gates showing as GA
« on: June 01, 2017, 11:00:42 am »
Hey, i've just bought and installed KJFK into p3d V4 but I've noticed that nearly all of the gates say GA Medium or Large when I chose Medium ( in bac1-11 ) It says it's too small also I've noticed a graphics bug with the jetways. When they extend there are gaps in it. I will get a screenshot soon, I also had a problem with gfx code install it got stuck and didn't do anything and when you use the latest version from some website and try to reinstall it says the version is out of date, I don't know how t remove code to try again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK V2 P3d V4 -All Gates showing as GA
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:10:55 pm »
All our sceneries always have the gates set as GA, and this is a common method used by many scenery developers, to get rid of the default ground traffic, in order to not conflict with the objects provided by the scenery.

However, if you use GSX ( which is free at all our airports ), you'll be able to select the parking using the GSX menu, which has a better naming than the default one.

Jetways are made using the default animation system, which is known to be buggy, which is why we are switching to SODE for all our sceneries. JFK V2 hasn't been updated yet, but it will be soon.

trisho0

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 09:07:02 am »
However, if you use GSX ( which is free at all our airports ), you'll be able to select the parking using the GSX menu, which has a better naming than the default one.
Jetways are made using the default animation system, which is known to be buggy, which is why we are switching to SODE for all our sceneries. JFK V2 hasn't been updated yet, but it will be soon.
Does it mean also the end of GSX? You are saying switching to SODE for all your sceneries. I purchase the GSX to use for all airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 05:17:14 pm »
Does it mean also the end of GSX? You are saying switching to SODE for all your sceneries. I purchase the GSX to use for all airports.

We are switching from the old default jetways animation system to SODE.

GSX never controlled jetways in the first place, but it works together with SODE and, SODE jetways are easier to use with GSX so, the two work best if they are used together, which is why we install SODE with GSX to begin with.

Aviationpilot92

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 04:32:46 pm »
So is there no way to see what gate you are going to you will only see GA?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 09:31:09 pm »
So is there no way to see what gate you are going to you will only see GA?

Sure there is, as I've said in one of my previous replies: you'll be able to select the parking using the GSX menu, which has a better naming than the default one.

finchkh

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 01:50:12 pm »
Just to make sure I'm clear on the process you're suggesting...

Start P3DV4 and pick your airport/gate from the P3D setup menus. (Or don't, and let it drop you on the active runway.)

Let P3DV4 load and position you at the gate you chose.

Open GSX - free at all FSDT airports - and choose an appropriate gate from the GSX menu.

Really?!?

You say "All our sceneries always have the gates set as GA, and this is a common method used by many scenery developers..." Not by FlyTampa, UK2000, FlightBeam, LatinVFR, Taxi2Gate, Aerosoft... In short, you're the only scenery designer I've come across who makes all their spots GA.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 02:06:55 pm »
Open GSX - free at all FSDT airports - and choose an appropriate gate from the GSX menu.

Really?!?

Really, with the following two obvious advantages:

1) You can see terminals named as in real life, ESPECIALLY at JFK, where some names could NOT be replicated with the standard .BGL naming convention. Are you able to define a parking in the AFCAD as "Terminal 4, Gate 7" or even something more strange (real life KSFO) such as "Gate C 45A" ? You can't, so you'll have to use unrealistic names such as 407 and who knows what for the C 45A (it's A or B ?).

Not with GSX, which can associate a friendly name to every parking.

2) Instead of a very long and annoying list of ALL parkings grouped together (there are 215 of them in JFK), which would forced you to scroll through such long list, (with unrealistic names), to find the one you want, you can see the nice and tidy GSX menu, with parkings grouped by terminal, so the list will be easier to use, and with real names too.

So, the time you supposedly "lost", by having to position on the runway before starting the flight with the standard Go To Airport menu, will be surely gained back since choosing a parking with GSX is way faster than scrolling through hundreds of parkings of the default method.

But it gets better: what if you changed your mind or made a mistake ? Switching to a different gate with the GSX menu + Warp can be done INSTANTLY. Using the standard Go To Airport menu, instead, will trigger a scenery reload.

You say "All our sceneries always have the gates set as GA, and this is a common method used by many scenery developers..." Not by FlyTampa, UK2000, FlightBeam, LatinVFR, Taxi2Gate, Aerosoft... In short, you're the only scenery designer I've come across who makes all their spots GA.

They might not always used "GA", but they DO use non-gate naming for precisely the same reason: to get rid of the default ground vehicles which would conflict with additional ground detail placed, it's the same principle:

http://www.flytampa.org/support.html

Gates are mislabeled as Ramp-Military-Cargo.

In FSX we use the label Ramp-Military Cargo instead of Gate as a means to prevent the FSX engine from placing generic service vehicles at the Gates. These default vehicles are unaware of their surroundings and could potentially appear inside terminal walls, jetway structures etc.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 02:12:27 pm by virtuali »

trisho0

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 09:19:21 am »
All our sceneries always have the gates set as GA, and this is a common method used by many scenery developers, to get rid of the default ground traffic, in order to not conflict with the objects provided by the scenery.

Gates set as GA. What does GA mean?

Psybear

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 02:27:10 pm »
General Aviation
Win10 Pro x64v2004 -256GB M.2 600p | Prepar3D v5.0 hf2-512GB M.2 960 Pro | Storage-1TB 850 Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium / i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i / 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34
GTX1070/8GB Quicksilver (451.48) |34W 2560x1080 | Crystal 460X-AX860i

trisho0

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 06:28:55 pm »
General Aviation
Cool! …. many thanks. When I load the plane in FSDT KJFK I see several Gates identified with "GA". So, General Aviation can be any aircraft size or just small ones?

Psybear

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 03:58:58 am »

Win10 Pro x64v2004 -256GB M.2 600p | Prepar3D v5.0 hf2-512GB M.2 960 Pro | Storage-1TB 850 Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium / i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i / 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34
GTX1070/8GB Quicksilver (451.48) |34W 2560x1080 | Crystal 460X-AX860i