Author Topic: P3d V4 LSZH, Flickering Terrain/ Terrain Layer  (Read 10228 times)

Muehlemann

P3d V4 LSZH, Flickering Terrain/ Terrain Layer
« on: May 31, 2017, 09:52:03 pm »
Hi.

I have installed FSDT Zurich. With the new Installer for V4.

Now i noticed some strange scenery/terrain flickerings/crossing/change around LSZH. Is there anybody else with the same problem? It looks like a terrain cfg. conflict or something else.

ps: the same problem is in LSGG.

Kind regards

Stefan Mühlemann

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3d V4 LSZH, Flickering Terrain/ Terrain Layer
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 10:33:56 pm »
What do you mean with "around LSZH": how far away from the center of the airport ?

McDaniel

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 11:12:32 pm »
I have the same problem, texture tiles are randomly changing. It's just the tiles around the airport. If I fly away the problem is gone. Lszh and lsgg.

McDaniel

Farlis

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 09:33:55 am »
I see it as well. Texture morphing, as if the terrain render engine is confused to what landclass it should draw.

francesco_752

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 11:43:29 am »
What do you mean with "around LSZH": how far away from the center of the airport ?

I have encountered too this problem. In KMEM is a quite big area.
http://i.imgur.com/GIi6aRf.jpg
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:13:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 01:15:18 pm »
It's not a problem of the scenery. It seems that's something that affects every scenery which is installed using the new add-on.xml system and it uses a Landclass, and it's confirmed to be happening to other developers too.

We asked LM for help, and they said they'll look into it. A possible temporary solution, for KMEM, would be removing the following files

LC_2319.BGL
LC_2419.BGL

from the KMEM\Scenery folder. The scenery around might not look exactly as we made it, but it will at least fix the flickering.

francesco_752

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 02:31:17 pm »
It's not a problem of the scenery. It seems that's something that affects every scenery which is installed using the new add-on.xml system and it uses a Landclass, and it's confirmed to be happening to other developers too.

We asked LM for help, and they said they'll look into it. A possible temporary solution, for KMEM, would be removing the following files

LC_2319.BGL
LC_2419.BGL

from the KMEM\Scenery folder. The scenery around might not look exactly as we made it, but it will at least fix the flickering.

Thank you as usual!
It is strange that this happens only with some scenery and not with all of them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 02:33:50 pm »
It is strange that this happens only with some scenery and not with all of them.

It happens only with sceneries that had a custom Landclass in their own folder, so only some of ours.

Farlis

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 02:45:02 pm »
So for the time being we have to wait until LM pushes out a Hotfix.
Seems to me as much as this add-on.xml system has it's positives it also needs some tweaking. In another instance we talked about the fact that the sceneries can't be rearanged via user interface. This also should be adressed soon by LM.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 02:54:37 pm »
So for the time being we have to wait until LM pushes out a Hotfix.

No, you don't...we are faster than that and, if you run the FSDT Live Update now, it will remove all the LC .BGL files from all our sceneries that used them, which would work as a workaround until LM does a fix, or explains better what we should do to have such landclass working from their own scenery folder.

They weren't much important for the scenery, we only made a few tweaks to have the airport blend better with the surroundings, but they are hardly necessary.

Farlis

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 04:22:17 pm »
Not bad Umberto. Not bad at all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 04:40:01 pm »
Not bad Umberto. Not bad at all.

While we had a few issues on release date, I'm sure everyone will appreciate the new Live Updater, which can update *everything* FSDT very easily in a single go.

This, combined with the new addon installation system in P3D3/4, should result that, you will never, ever, have to reinstall an FSDT product or a patch, unless you reformat Windows. Not even reinstalling the sim would require reinstalling FSDT...

This will also allow us to be able to publish smaller and more frequent updates, knowing that everybody will get them very easily.

McDaniel

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 07:15:43 pm »
Good news! Thank you 👍💪

Muehlemann

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2017, 11:01:59 pm »
For me it doesn't work. At LSZH the Terrain us still switching around.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 12:51:54 am »
For me it doesn't work. At LSZH the Terrain us still switching around.

I'm sorry, but I can only confirm the problem is fixed. I checked it again, just to be sure, and I see the LC_5015.BGL file, which is what causes the issue, is correctly removed by the Live Update and, once in the sim, the problem is gone.