Author Topic: Problem pushback with GSX  (Read 4048 times)

silviub

Problem pushback with GSX
« on: May 02, 2017, 12:16:50 pm »
I have a problem with GSX.I use p3d v3.4 and i have a strange problem.When i call for the push back the truck go to the front of the plane and the plane start going back but the push truck do not move.The airplane engines are off and park brake is set but the plane still go back like it is on push back.The problem is that i cant stop the plane even if i start the engines and set full thrust.I had the problem with PMDG 777 and FsLabs A320 on Taxi2Gate Paris.I tried to restart the sim,disable/enable GSX nothing works.Everytime i request push back the plane wont stop going back.The only way to resolve the problem is to reinstall GSX and the problem appears again after one day.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem pushback with GSX
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 01:25:26 pm »
The airplane engines are off and park brake is set but the plane still go back like it is on push back.

So, are you saying that pushback works normally, but the truck doesn't move, only the airplane does ?

The problem is that i cant stop the plane even if i start the engines and set full thrust.

This is normal. You cannot control the airplane if you are being pushed, even in real life.

Everytime i request push back the plane wont stop going back.

Are you sure it doesn't stop ? Maybe it's pushing correctly, just the truck doesn't move for some reason, but it will eventually end.

The only way to resolve the problem is to reinstall GSX and the problem appears again after one day.

This of course is not normal, and the only possible explanation is that you or another addon must have changed some setting that resulted in the pushback truck not moving which, according to your report, seems to be what's really happening, and maybe this setting is reset back to the correct value by the installer.

Two settings in the FSX.CFG that *might* have some relationship with visual issues are the Advanced animations flag (which should always be enabled) and the removal of the notoriously dangerous "Poolsize=0" tweak from the FSX.CFG, which will be removed by the installer.

silviub

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 05:53:31 pm »
So, are you saying that pushback works normally, but the truck doesn't move, only the airplane does ?

Yes the truck doesn't move only the aircraft.

Are you sure it doesn't stop ? Maybe it's pushing correctly, just the truck doesn't move for some reason, but it will eventually end.

Yes i am sure.I let the plane go back for 5 min and never stopped.

Two settings in the FSX.CFG that *might* have some relationship with visual issues are the Advanced animations flag (which should always be enabled) and the removal of the notoriously dangerous "Poolsize=0" tweak from the FSX.CFG, which will be removed by the installer.

I'm using prepar3d but in the config there is no "Poolsize=0" or anything related to advanced animations.The thing is that i reinstalled Windows 10 one week ago and the first day i used p3d i got this problem.Until reinstall everything worked without problems on any airport or plane.I used before reinstalling Windows the same addons as now the only thing new is SinStarter NG.

vc-10man

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 01:17:52 am »
I too am experiencing GSX Push-back issues at times. Despite asking for a push-back after all services are completed, and hoping to see the options for left/right turn, all I get is 'Clearance Requested' and the tug just sit there and the plane(in this case, the newly-released PMDG 747-400)just sits there, going nowhere fast. I then have to use the default Shift+P key-presses to get a push-back.

Happened at NL2000's EHAM airport on current flight, and at other airports too.

I am hoping I may find an answer why this happens, here.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:30:54 am by vc-10man »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 11:37:28 am »
I too am experiencing GSX Push-back issues at times. Despite asking for a push-back after all services are completed, and hoping to see the options for left/right turn, all I get is 'Clearance Requested' and the tug just sit there and the plane(in this case, the newly-released PMDG 747-400)just sits there, going nowhere fast.

Then your problem is different than the one discussed here, which said the truck started, leaving the airplane behind.

Have you maybe set the GSX Verbosity slider too low ? If yes, it's possible GSX is trying to tell you something about why it cannot start pushback (some planes have constraints, like wheel chocks, etc.), but if you have the Verbosity slider all the way down, you don't see any messages, so GSX is waiting for you for an action, but you are not aware of it because you don't get the message printed.

vc-10man

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 06:18:18 pm »
Thanks for that response.

Next question, is where do I find this GSX Verbosity slider?

EDIT: Ignore----found it, and it is fully to the right.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:16:18 am by vc-10man »