Author Topic: Multi Crew Experience  (Read 2658 times)

jimble

Multi Crew Experience
« on: April 08, 2017, 08:51:59 pm »
Hi,
  I recently bought MCE and having difficulty getting it to work with MCE. A few days ago, i reinstalled MCE facory settings and re did the voice training and GSX worked fine for a few days, but now has stopped workng again via voice command. I have noticed that at MCE start up, several menues will appear briefly onthe screen, one of them being GSX. If the the menue does not flash up onthe screen i know that GSX will not respond to voice commands (will work with key commands). Sorry that there is limited information to go on, just thought i would pick your brains and see if you may have any suggestions. (FSX)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Multi Crew Experience
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 09:04:56 am »
I'm sorry, but we cannot give you much help: I only know that MCE interacts with GSX in some way, but never tried that program, and the interaction with GSX was made by the developers independently.

FS++

Re: Multi Crew Experience
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 04:48:33 pm »
Hi,
  I recently bought MCE and having difficulty getting it to work with MCE. A few days ago, i reinstalled MCE facory settings and re did the voice training and GSX worked fine for a few days, but now has stopped workng again via voice command. I have noticed that at MCE start up, several menues will appear briefly onthe screen, one of them being GSX. If the the menue does not flash up onthe screen i know that GSX will not respond to voice commands (will work with key commands). Sorry that there is limited information to go on, just thought i would pick your brains and see if you may have any suggestions. (FSX)

Sorry, only saw this today.

The MCE forum is the best place for such queries.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/548-the-multi-crew-experience-mce-support-forum/

I assume it's sorted by now.

When the ramp agent doesn't turn up when you start MCE, it could be because it's not getting data from the sim as expected.

Nothing to do with GSX operation.

Make sure "fsx.exe" or/and "Prepar3D.exe" are set to run as administrator.

All MCE does is "Listen" to messages output to the green bar (shouldn't disable that option in GSX).

When GSX outputs text....

"Waiting for action: Open Door D1...." MCE identifies the door and tells flight attendants to open it (that include doors on complex aircraft)
"Waiting for action: Close Cargo door CD1..." MCE mechanic will close the door.
Etc...

Menu selection is performed by sending the relevant key combination to the simulator.