Author Topic: FSX Acceleration Multiplayer Carrier Ops  (Read 65038 times)

SUBS17

Re: FSX Acceleration Multiplayer Carrier Ops
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 04:31:48 am »
I have just checked the mission installers and I have a question, why does the installer ask for my serial NUMBER? ???
Its very odd since no other installer I have come across requires such information for MSFS.
lol wut?

Where'd you get an installer from?

It's not available at the moment, and only the beta version had the serial number (just so random people outside the beta don't download and install).

That sounds cool I got the files from one of the links before it was pulled I have another question about the TACAN for the carrier I wonder if its possible to make the carrier move with the TACAN? What freedom do you guys have with that TACAN when you added it to the carrier will it allow a moving object broadcast or is it just stuck with the one position as this could also lead to tankers having  TACAN and possibly even a datalink between aircraft if you have that sort of freedom with it.

Orion

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 05:35:48 am »
None of the public released versions had the installer with the registration key, although I did post a link to a beta version at the FS Water Configurator forum (didn't post the key, as the beta testers had gotten them via a private board or email, so it was pointless if you weren't a tester).

???

Anyhow, what's TACAN :P?  I really have no clue about carrier ops, but it's fun to play around with ;D.

If it's included with the Acceleration carrier, it's in my mission :).

shylock

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 10:12:13 pm »
Orion great job by the way. I'm a little late on it. I talked to you on sim-outhouse about promoting this for you. Great job bud.

Orion

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 11:19:16 pm »
Orion great job by the way. I'm a little late on it. I talked to you on sim-outhouse about promoting this for you. Great job bud.

You an re-promote it once I re-release it :P.

pellapilot

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 01:17:38 am »
I hate to be a pest, but any idea on how long before the re-release? Also, does the ILS come with it or is that separate? I can't tell from the posts. Thanks.

Orion

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 04:21:26 am »
I hate to be a pest, but any idea on how long before the re-release? Also, does the ILS come with it or is that separate? I can't tell from the posts. Thanks.
About a year.

But seriously, I HATE it when people don't read!  I said most likely next Sunday...

It has the IFLOLS 'meatball' thingy built in, but no ILS.  Some dude up on page 1 made an ILS thingy for it though (thanks ;)!).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:29:16 pm by Orion »

micro

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 06:05:01 am »
What can you say, people like your product!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:06:40 am by microbrewst »

Flightkid

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 10:32:20 pm »
ugh I can't wait any longer I want it now! >:(  lol :D
can't wait to download it :P

Orion

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2009, 12:39:23 am »
What can you say, people like your product!

Yep :)!

:P

ugh I can't wait any longer I want it now! >:(  lol :D
can't wait to download it :P
lol, don't worry, just a few more days :P.

Orion

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2009, 07:09:11 pm »
Hello everyone,

I have been working on my San Francisco Multiplayer Carrier Ops project for quite a while now, and am finally ready to release :)!

Now you can finally use the FSX Acceleration Carrier in multiplayer! This is a multiplayer mission which includes a fully functional Acceleration carrier outside the San Francisco Bay Area along with a custom carrier camera to watch takeoffs and landings. Do multiplayer carrier ops with your friends and have fun!

Download
Alternate Download Location

Here are some screenshots ;):

Note: these screenshots were taken in different sessions, hence the difference in weather and time.

Enjoy ;)!

Orion Lyau

P.S. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me at the Str!king Software forums (http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/forum/index.php).

SUBS17

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2009, 04:27:59 am »
Great job on the mission!  We made an ILS add-on for those who want carrier ILS capability for this mission.  After downloading the file, just place it in the Microsoft/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder and restart FSX.  The ILS freq. is 111.55.

I get an error when I try to enter 111.55 on the UFC using both Com 1 and 2 in manual mode.

SUBS17

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2009, 04:29:14 am »
I get a network disconect after 1 minute I'm not sure if its gamespy or the mission thats causing it. BTW have you guys tried adding 3d models of people on the deck I'm just curious if FSX will allow such objects to exist in MP.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 04:31:01 am by SUBS17 »

Orion

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 05:10:06 am »
Gotta be GameSpy :P.

I've tested my mission and it works for others.  Try connecting directly to the host via IP address.

I haven't tried putting people on the deck (or getting the LSO guy to shout as you suggested at FSDevelopers a long time ago :P).  I suppose I could try, it's just some object placement, right?  I just need some people models to place in that case :P.

SUBS17

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 11:59:00 pm »
Try the default scenery people models and see what happens ideally you could if you ask around get crew on the deck(its worth trying out, just check if its visible to all players) . For hand signals check out the NATOPs manual they are in there for the Superhornet. I think ideally a carrier with crew, ai aircraft, ATC and LSO plus TACAN with ILS would be the ultimate and I haven't seen that since DiDs Superhornet. So you didn't try the LSO lines yet? That could possibly work since its running as a mission.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2009, 01:00:22 am »
SUBS,

In regards to the ILS, try clicking on the "ILS" button located on your Up Front Panel.  From there enter in the ILS freq. (111.55) and hit "ENT".  After you have complete this, go to your right MFD that has your HSI shown and select the button next to ILS (TCN is highlighted by default).  This should bring your needles up on your HUD.  Please keep in mind that you will not be able to receive the ILS information if you are on the deck or in front of the carrier.  The needles usually appear shortly after the "abeam" position in the carrier pattern.  Hope this helps.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1