Author Topic: PMDG 400F Main Cargo Door  (Read 3583 times)

VinceAK

PMDG 400F Main Cargo Door
« on: March 02, 2017, 07:15:47 am »
Hi,

I know your guys said in a couple updates ago that GSX was now supported all version of the PMDG 747-400. However, when I choose the 400F, the airplane config window is still showing "PAX 3" at the main cargo door. I'm wondering if you guys are planning to fix that in the near future. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 400F Main Cargo Door
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 03:16:38 pm »
However, when I choose the 400F, the airplane config window is still showing "PAX 3" at the main cargo door. I'm wondering if you guys are planning to fix that in the near future.

See your screenshot, GSX is telling you that taking the data from the User customization file under %APPDATA%. As explained on the manual, the User customization takes an higher priority over the GSX internal database.

So, if you created that configuration BEFORE the airplane was supported in the internal database, based maybe on a default airplane, it's likely to be wrong.

So, the first thing to do, is to press the RESET button, to restore the GSX configuration, so you can build on top of that. You cannot use the Pax 3 door, and make it "act" like a Cargo Door. What you must do, instead, is to CHANGE the coordinates of one of the two existing Cargo doors (best moving the AFT one), and set to the right, adjusting the height and be sure the green arrow is pointing "outside" the airplane.

If you don't want to find the name of XML variable for that door, you can just say "Door with no open/close controls", so GSX will still use it, but will ignore its open/door status.

VinceAK

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 10:54:35 pm »
The only thing I change was to disable the Pax 4 door and the service 1 door. Also, how do I look for the XML expression? I can't find any software that'll open the MDL file to search

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 08:36:33 am »
The only thing I change was to disable the Pax 4 door and the service 1 door.

As I've said, it depends when you did that. If it was before we added support to all the variant (which happened on a later Live Update),
your custom configuration was based on incomplete data.

Also, how do I look for the XML expression? I can't find any software that'll open the MDL file to search

Any hexadecimal editor should be able to do that, like this one:

https://www.hhdsoftware.com/free-hex-editor

Search for "door", I'm sure you'll find it.

woozie

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 12:07:57 pm »
here's the correct position and expression for Side/Main cargo door:

pos = -3.05 -15.18 0.98 0.00
code = (L:7X7XmaincargoDoor, number) 990 >=
name = Main Cargo
uldcode = PALLET6

VinceAK

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 03:47:30 am »
The only thing I change was to disable the Pax 4 door and the service 1 door.

As I've said, it depends when you did that. If it was before we added support to all the variant (which happened on a later Live Update),
your custom configuration was based on incomplete data.

So I have downloaded the latest Live Update (did not require restart of sim) and reset the profile, but it's still showing Pax 3 instead of Cargo door like the 777F. Is that normal?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 10:00:15 am »
So I have downloaded the latest Live Update (did not require restart of sim) and reset the profile, but it's still showing Pax 3 instead of Cargo door like the 777F. Is that normal?

I think you still don't understand. The airplane diagram will NEVER change, the door names THERE, will always look like that, it's a static image. What counts, are the coordinates of the Cargo door that you are supposed to move.

But again, why you are making it so difficult for you, using the coordinates dialog screen ? Is SO MUCH easier if you do it in the 3D editor, the one you access by clicking on the "Customize in 3D editor" button!