Author Topic: FSX-SE taking longer to start with GSX installed **SOLVED**  (Read 12840 times)

Haw-Boo

Re: FSX-SE taking longer to start with GSX installed
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 08:28:12 pm »
All good here too. Grabbed in reinstalled the latest version just now, startup time now around 20 seconds for my install but inside and outside steam. Thanks Umberto. As Havenman says - GREAT JOB! :-)
(i7-6700k (4.6), GTX980Ti (SC+), Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, 16GB Ram, SB ZXR, Win10 64-bit)

Hans

Re: FSX-SE taking longer to start with GSX installed
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2017, 09:21:53 pm »
So, try to disable the whole FSX folder from scanning and, if you have sceneries installed in other folders outside FSX, add those folder to the antivirus exclusion.

Okay, so I timed the start-up of FSX:SE: 2 minutes, 34 secs.

I have now excluded fsx.exe and the FSX folder in Windows Defender.

Startup time has been improved to: 14 seconds!!!

Problem solved here! Thnx!

BBman

Re: FSX-SE taking longer to start with GSX installed **SOLVED**
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2017, 09:06:36 pm »
I have the same problem since feb 2 update gsx works fine now but fsx takes 2:15 to load from start. i did the latest live update (feb 6) and unchecked all addon scenery. disabled antivirus and no change. after uninstalling gsx, fsxse takes :15 seconds to start.
FSX-SE standalone install
Win7x64
orbx and all scenery and airports disabled in scenery library
GSX always was good until last update. What can i check?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX-SE taking longer to start with GSX installed **SOLVED**
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2017, 10:01:11 am »
GSX always was good until last update. What can i check?

Maybe you are confusing the latest Live Update, which only updates the GSX code, with the latest Addon Manager update ? This fix requires the latter and, as I've said in one of the posts in this thread, requires installing anything from FSDT:

Code: [Select]
The updated Addon Manager .DLL files are online now, so everybody installing anything from FSDT (GSX, a scenery, the Stand-Alone Addon Manager) will get the update.
The "Check for updates" feature cannot be used here, since it's not possible to update the program executables while sim is running.