Author Topic: P3D Hanging after update  (Read 6703 times)

samwheeler

P3D Hanging after update
« on: February 05, 2017, 06:34:01 pm »
Hey everyone.

After updating and deleting the XPOI folder my sim is now starting up for 10 seconds then it closes but is still open in task manager. This update has screwed my whole sim (P3D). Is anyone else having issues like this?

samwheeler

Re: P3D Hanging after update
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 01:49:57 am »
A little update, this still seems to happening even after using an old version of GSX. Can anyone comment on this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 01:55:24 am »
The old version would still download the most recent executables. Please contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, because this kind of problem simply shouldn't happen.

jjlittler

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 10:12:21 am »
Hi there,

Yes, I can confirm even when using the older GSX or any FSDT installer. I tried with KMEM, GSX, Addon Manager. All were stopping the sim from starting with the bglmanx.dll error in p3d. Only way around was to copy in an older copy of bglmanx.dll into the p3d folder. Sim starts but I get no FSDT scenery or GSX now.

JJ

dunbar

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 11:26:28 am »
Hey everyone.

After updating and deleting the XPOI folder my sim is now starting up for 10 seconds then it closes but is still open in task manager. This update has screwed my whole sim (P3D). Is anyone else having issues like this?

Yes I can confirm this issue, I had the same experience / behavier on Friday last week and this is the cause why I registered me in this Forum here. I reinstalled my last HOtfixed
Prepar3d Version after a very frustraded rescue trial. Any comments to solve this Problem? I have GSX updated with the last AddonManager. I bought recently Vancover, Geneva, KLAX
and all flightbeam Scenerys and can`t use it with Prepa3rd?

Best regards, dunbar

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 11:32:42 am »
Yes I can confirm this issue, I had the same experience / behavier on Friday last week and this is the cause why I registered me in this Forum here. I reinstalled my last HOtfixed

I had a Teamviewer session with the OP samwheeler, which had this crash after a few seconds when loading P3D.

It turned out to be GSX didn't had anything to do in this case, it's was a problem with FSUIPC crashing on start, which is known to Pete Dowson. As soon we removed it from startup, P3D loaded normally, with GSX and several other modules.

If you know how to disable FSUIPC from your DLL.XML file, you can try that and see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn't contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, so we can see what's the problem in your case.

dunbar

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 11:44:34 am »
Thanks virtualli, I know, FSUIPC was updated recently, I had installed the new Version instantly. Best regrds dunbar
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:45:42 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 11:47:23 am »
Thanks virtualli, I know, FSUIPC was updated recently, I had installed the new Version instantly. Best regrds dunbar

So you know the crash on startup has been acknowledged by Pete Dowson:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82771-p3d-crash-on-startup-or-on-exit-with-fsuipc-enabled/

Have you tried disabling it ?

dunbar

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 01:05:25 pm »

So you know the crash on startup has been acknowledged by Pete Dowson:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82771-p3d-crash-on-startup-or-on-exit-with-fsuipc-enabled/

Have you tried disabling it ?

not now, because I haven`t access to my computer at this moment. I will try it as soon as possible. best regrds, dunbar

samwheeler

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 02:51:13 am »
Again thanks so much Umberto. We need to give him more credit than he is getting. I reinstalled FSUIPC and sim is working fine! Thanks a lot Umberto! -Sam

dunbar

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 09:21:31 am »
Again thanks so much Umberto. We need to give him more credit than he is getting. I reinstalled FSUIPC and sim is working fine! Thanks a lot Umberto! -Sam
Hi samwheeler,
Hi Umberto,

First I installed an older FSUIPC Version 4.96.
Then I started my P3d yesterday, GSX ask me for an update and I thought give it a chance. After this update I had the same behavior again. Unfortunately it screwed my P3d on more time. As I deleted the Prepar3d.cfg, started the P3d Startup Screen.
Any Ideas?

Best regards,
dunbar

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 01:20:16 pm »

I don't think you understand: as of today, there's no FSUIPC version that supports the latest P3D Hotfix.

This is totally unrelated to GSX, since we don't use it for our software, and if you disable FSUIPC, I'm sure the sim will start normally with the latest GSX update.

dunbar

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 02:14:49 pm »

I don't think you understand: as of today, there's no FSUIPC version that supports the latest P3D Hotfix.

This is totally unrelated to GSX, since we don't use it for our software, and if you disable FSUIPC, I'm sure the sim will start normally with the latest GSX update.
*Sorry* Yes I understand you not in the right way. Okay I will disable FSUIPC first and will look forward. Unfortunatly a lot of P3d Addons use FSUIPC?

All the Best,
regards, dunbar

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 02:18:12 pm »
Okay I will disable FSUIPC first and will look forward. Unfortunatly a lot of P3d Addons use FSUIPC?

Well, at least ours do not. But I'm sure Pete Dowson will eventually find a solution.