Author Topic: pmdg 747 v3  (Read 17503 times)

ozflyer

pmdg 747 v3
« on: February 01, 2017, 12:14:38 pm »
When will pmdg 747 v3 be supported ?

Longhaul444

• RCJ Transport
Re: pmdg 747 v3
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 05:45:07 pm »
In order for the catering and baggage handlers to work, change the door options to opens with custom and they will work. You will have to reconfigure all of the services using the 3D editor. I have attached a copy of my gsx file for the 400ER.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q521/Longhaul444/Screenshot_26_zpsdiyrrzcx.png

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q521/Longhaul444/Screenshot_27_zpsh6oytsqo.png

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q521/Longhaul444/Screenshot_28_zpsfcpddxzb.png
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:18:27 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 12:25:53 pm »
The next update will include internal support for the PMDG 747 V3. In the meantime, you can use the file attached here, which matches what will be included in the update.

Note that, the configuration included in the update will have features not possible with the GSX airplane configuration editor, so it would be best to remove every GSX.CFG you might downloaded here, after the update will be released.

Magic-Man

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 05:38:03 pm »
The next update will include internal support for the PMDG 747 V3. In the meantime, you can use the file attached here, which matches what will be included in the update.

Note that, the configuration included in the update will have features not possible with the GSX airplane configuration editor, so it would be best to remove every GSX.CFG you might downloaded here, after the update will be released.

Where do I copie this file?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 05:42:18 pm »
It's best just not use it, since the GSX update is online now.

Hornetville

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 10:23:41 pm »
on the cargo variant GSX on the nose, cargo is working all wrong on the nose the cargo for unloading is comming from the right hand side instead of from back of the aircraft to the nose.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:29:57 pm by Hornetville »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 10:28:03 pm »
on the cargo variant GSX on the nose cargo is working all wrong the cargo for unloading is comming from the right hand side instead of from back of the aircraft to the nose.

We haven't configured the cargo variants differently yet.

The 747 support is far from being complete, since we also need some cooperation from PMDG to support our Bypass system, in order to prevent some animation issues during Pushback. As explained in other threads, we are already in contact with them, because it will require a small airplane patch too so, of course, when this is done, we'll surely revisit the configuration for all the variants.

Hornetville

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 10:30:50 pm »
sorry for repeating :(

ampharoah

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 11:32:07 pm »
Hi

I have the PMDG747 v3 installed and also GSX.

I have downloaded the latest GSX update today 5/02/17 which I understand contains the latest 747v3 compatibility mods.

I have selected Add-ons dropdown > GSX  > Disable GSX in an effort to allow the PMDG vehicles to appear, but I then get an error splash saying:

"The addon <unknown> is causing Couatl Script Engine to restart. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager from.
I opened the log report which I have saved and can email - It takes this post above the 2000 character limit!:

Then i get a form asking:

"Do you ant to restart Couatl?
If i reply yes to this i then go round and round in a loop of these two splash error messages.

If i reply No, I return to FSX but can never restart Couatl.

Thereafter, every time I load an FSX flight I am interupted by these error splash screens and go into the loop.

The only way I can escape this is to completely uninstall Couatl and re-install it and GSX

Your advice is much appreciated

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 11:56:49 pm by ampharoah »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 11:48:18 pm »
Do I have to select Add-ons dropdown > GSX  > Disable GSX to allow the PMDG vehicles to appear please or how should it work?

Obviously not! That would disable GSX entirely from the sim. You don't have to do anything, the current version will just not remove the PMDG vehicles, but it want create them, they will appear when called from the PMDG menu.

PMDG said they'll add a configuration option to their software to disable individual vehicles from PMDG, in case you would rather use GSX ones for a particular service.

ampharoah

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 12:08:40 am »
 Hi

Thanks for your prompt reply

Sadly the PMDG vehicles still don't appear after installing the Addon Manager and GSX updates.

Before I received your message, I selected Add-ons dropdown > GSX  > Disable GSX in an effort to allow the PMDG vehicles to appear, but I then got an error splash saying:

"The addon <unknown> is causing Couatl Script Engine to restart. Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager from.
I opened the log report which I have saved and can email - It takes this post above the 2000 character limit!:

Then i get a form asking:

"Do you ant to restart Couatl?
If i reply yes to this i then go round and round in a loop of these two splash error messages.

If i reply No, I return to FSX but can never restart Couatl.

Thereafter, every time I load an FSX flight I am interupted by these error splash screens and go into the loop.

The only way I can escape this is to completely uninstall AddonmanagerX/Couatl and re-install it and GSX from the downloads.

Your advice is much appreciated

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:19:55 am by ampharoah »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 12:15:35 am »
Sadly the PMDG vehicles still don't appear after installing the Addon Manager and GSX updates.

I can only repeat and confirm that, if you have the latest version installed, the PMDG vehicles won't be removed after you start GSX. If GSX was still outdated, you were supposed to see the vehicles, only to disappear AFTER you called a GSX service. Now, this won't happen anymore.

That's the only difference the update will make, not that they will somehow "appear" automatically or have any kind of connection with GSX.

It was the error about XPOI, which has been discussed and answered here ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15020.msg109299.html#msg109299

ampharoah

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 12:26:58 am »
Sorry Umberto, what is XPOI?

This means nothing to me... I have removed it from the folder now never the less.

I downloaded the full GSX installer which I assume includes the update - I think its 1.9.9.1.1 or something like that

Thanks

Andrew
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:34:03 am by ampharoah »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 12:33:49 am »
Sorry Umberto, what is XPOI?

This means nothing to me...

That doesn't matter: you say you have a long Couatl.LOG that you cannot post here so, if you still have it, do you see the same error as the one listed in that thread, which is related to XPOI ?

If yes, remove the XPOI folder as explained there.

If now, then post just the line with the error, or email me the file.

ampharoah

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 12:35:53 am »
I'll email the log to you,

What is the email address please

Andrew