Author Topic: No Runway Ground Textures/Polys w/P3D Native Objects  (Read 3488 times)

downscc

No Runway Ground Textures/Polys w/P3D Native Objects
« on: January 06, 2017, 12:17:35 am »
This might not be a new problem, I only noticed because I tried your 3 Jan Update then found that only FSX objects render any runway. Using P3D objects, all runways look blank but taxiways, ramps, etc., are all normal.

I have updated Add On Manager from newest installer, downloaded 4 Jan, and updated GSX installer from newest installer also 4 Jan. I have now tried to update kmem from installer downloaded today 5 Jan. Still no P3D runways.

Using P3Dv3.4.9 without Patches.  Do I need to update to Patch 2? I wouldn't think so.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/downscc/kmemP3DnativeObj_zpsrxgjbweb.jpg
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 12:21:07 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Runway Ground Textures/Polys w/P3D Native Objects
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 12:22:29 am »
You need to install the KMEM patch:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14639.0.html

Installing *just* the Addon Manager, will update the KMEM menu to let you call the P3D objects but, without the objects, nothing will show.

downscc

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 06:07:15 am »
Read my post Umbreto:  " I tried your 3 Jan Update then found that only FSX objects render any runway." explicitly says I installed the kmem patch... I just didn't call it that.

Regardless, I downloaded the patch again and installed it over the reinstalled kmem that I installed per my post and the exact problem persists.  No P3D runways.

What else besides not reading instructions can cause this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 10:29:47 am »
Read my post Umbreto:  " I tried your 3 Jan Update then found that only FSX objects render any runway." explicitly says I installed the kmem patch... I just didn't call it that.

It doesn't explicitly say that. Since we HAD a Live Update on Jan 3rd, which you called "your 3 Jan Update", I obviously assumed you meant THIS update, not the KMEM patch, that has been released on December 6th instead. Maybe you confused the "Jan 3rd" that appears on the forum summary, which is the date of the *last* post on the patch thread, not the patch release date.

Regardless, I downloaded the patch again and installed it over the reinstalled kmem that I installed per my post and the exact problem persists.  No P3D runways.

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this, and nobody else reported it. You'll see in the patch announcement thread, that several other users are using the patch with no issues.

What else besides not reading instructions can cause this?

Another scenery in conflict.

In fact, now that I think about it, there's a safety check in the KMEM script, which will check if you have a file that comes with the patch, and will give you a warning message, if you try to enable the P3D native objects without having installed them first and if you don't have them, it will use the FSX objects instead so, not installing the patch cannot be the reason.

So, it seems it's just a rendering problem but, the method we are using is supported since P3D V2, but it went through a series of changes and bugfixes. Try to install the latest Hotfixes.

downscc

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 06:46:53 pm »
You provided useful information, thank you.

I updated the P3D client to their HF2 with same result so it appears it is definitely something going on in my system. That's the information I need.