Author Topic: **This Parking Is Isolated. Ground Services not Available.  (Read 7412 times)

PG

**This Parking Is Isolated. Ground Services not Available.
« on: November 22, 2016, 02:56:51 am »
Good afternoon.
This started to show up today.
I checked my AFCAD and it's pointing in the right direction.
FSX:SE sees all parking positions and can move the plane there no problem.
Parking by default is set as cargo ramp so it has a lot of space.

Log file doesn't show any errors and is using the correct file from correct location.
I restarted couatl and rebuilt database. Nada.

Any idea what needs to be done?

Thank you.

Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\PMDG 777F
aircraftDb.py provides aircraft data with priority 2
Using aircraft data from aircraftDb.py
Loading airport PADK from G:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Scenery\0001\scenery\APX00130.bgl
Added Menu SubItem "Customize airport positions..." (parentId 82, id 99)
User collision geometries reloaded

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: **This Parking Is Isolated. Ground Services not Available.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 12:37:01 pm »
Good afternoon. This started to show up today.

That's not a GSX problem. In fact, GSX is telling you something useful, that the scenery you used has a bug, namely the "Parking isolated", which means you are parked in a spot that has no connections with the rest of the taxiway network, which is clearly a bug.

Previous GSX versions will just cause an error stopping the program, so it looked like a GSX error even when it wasn't. So, in order to be sure users won't assume this is some kind of GSX error, but it's instead an error of the scenery, we added an extra detection of this problem, issuing that message without going into panic mode.

Since the problem is not GSX, there's nothing you can do in GSX to "fix" this, the only solution is to fix the scenery. I checked the airport, and it's no wonder it doesn't work: it has only ONE parking, of the kind "Fuel", which is not connected to anything. There are no other parkings so, this looks like a bug in the default scenery, since it seem the airport is left unfinished.

PG

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 05:06:46 pm »
Problem is that I used ADE to add all the taxiways and parking/cargo spots and ADE is not showing any issues nor faults. Everything is connected and set up correctly.
I'm quite familiar with it and never had any issues.
It's just once in a blue moon GSX stops recognizing the things even though they DID work the day before.
That is my issue here. Sorry for not describing it better.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 09:33:23 pm »
Problem is that I used ADE to add all the taxiways and parking/cargo spots and ADE is not showing any issues nor faults.

Have you created a separate .BGL containing only your changes ? If you did that, GSX is not using it, because it can only use a .BGL if it's entirely self-contained, meaning it contains the whole airport or, at least runways, parkings and taxiways.

In fact, I see from your log that GSX is still using the default AFCAD so, unless you acted directly on it (overwriting the default .BGL after the additions), this seems to be the most probable explanation.

PG

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 11:23:55 pm »
I overwrite them directly.
Like I posted to your reply on the other forum the problem is not that GSX doesn't see stuff but that it randomly decides not to see them anymore.
This airport worked just fine the day before as I fly that route twice a week.
This is my problem. Random issues that appear out of nowhere without any warning.
LIke I said, maybe it was Win 10 migration that caused this though I did it like 3 weeks ago so not sure.
I'll reinstall FSX, at this point all I can do.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 11:58:35 pm »

Loading airport PADK from G:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Scenery\0001\scenery\APX00130.bgl

That right there is indicating that your sim is NOT using an airport edited with ADE, but the stock airport included in FSX.
PADK, by default has only 1 parking spot being a 16m fuel spot which coincidentally Umberto mentioned has no taxi link to the rest of the airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 12:02:42 am »
Like I posted to your reply on the other forum the problem is not that GSX doesn't see stuff but that it randomly decides not to see them anymore.

GSX doesn't randomly reject an airport it already accepted before so, the only possible explanation is that your file has reverted to default for some reason.

As I've said on the Avsim forum, if you overwrite a default file, it's possible that Steam can revert it back to the original version without you realizing it.

So, it's best to create a new .BGL, being sure it contains everything contained in the original ( use the "Load Stock data" feature in ADE ), save it in your "Addon Scenery" folder with a different name, and be sure GSX is using it at the next restart.

If you are *sure* your modified .BGL is STILL your modified version, then please send it to me by email, so I can have a look at it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:05:54 am by virtuali »

PG

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 05:49:07 am »
Appreciate your help.

I decided to take a flight before I reinstall FSX and here it is :)
Like I said. It's a hit or miss.
I'm still gonna proceed and wipe the whole thing.
If Issues come back I'll check in.
IF you want to see the file anyway I'll send it to you. Just let me know the email

http://i.imgur.com/IWEIDZg.jpg
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:45:11 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 10:48:38 am »
I decided to take a flight before I reinstall FSX and here it is :)

You mean it's working ? That's the only thing I can see from that screenshot. Yes, of course you still have the Fuel parking, but I see you are parked in a place, and you DO have GSX services working.

Like I said. It's a hit or miss.

Well, the screenshot only shows an "hit". You should check your file and, eventually, send it, as soon you got a "miss", which cannot obviously happen at random.

I'm still gonna proceed and wipe the whole thing.

That's useless. This can only be caused by the AFCAD in use so, don't waste your time chasing ghosts, and just check that file.

IF you want to see the file anyway I'll send it to you. Just let me know the email

The "Contact Us" page of this site. The small "email" icon under my Avatar.