Author Topic: Can you set Gate default push-back truck?  (Read 3324 times)

Simbol

Can you set Gate default push-back truck?
« on: November 01, 2016, 09:28:41 am »
Hello,

I use GSX with GA aircraft most of the time, these GA planes are light / midsize Jets which do require push-back operations in certain gates and situations. For this GSX has been very good since it does increase the sim experience.

However sometimes the push-back truck selected by GSX is too big and although it will actually perform the push operation without any problems it looks weird having such a big tuck pushing a Phenom 300! is it possible to force the Gates to use an specific push truck size? I have already configured the parking codes to DATAN & Swissport but sometimes the truck is a small one (which is the one I would like) and others it is just a huge truck for a big Airliner.

Thanks in advance,
Simbol

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can you set Gate default push-back truck?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 10:18:56 am »
The Pushback truck is chosen automatically depending on the plane weight.

Simbol

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 11:18:11 pm »

Virtuali,

Thanks for your response, if this is the case how come that even when I am using the same plane all the time (Phenom 300) I get different push-back trucks sizes all the time?

The airplane MTOW is 17,529 lbs / 7,951 kg    

Kind Regards,
Simbol

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 09:10:15 am »
Thanks for your response, if this is the case how come that even when I am using the same plane all the time (Phenom 300) I get different push-back trucks sizes all the time?

When there are multiple candidates that matches the plane weight, the selection is random amongst them.

n452mk

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 02:43:11 pm »
I get the opposite situation, I use a heavy 777 PMDG for example and I get a small push back! How the weight determines the vehicle then?

Speedbird ATC

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 04:11:21 am »
I get the opposite situation, I use a heavy 777 PMDG for example and I get a small push back! How the weight determines the vehicle then?
Some smaller trucks are appropriate for larger planes to

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 12:54:25 pm »

The weight that count's, is the actual one at the moment you called GSX for the first time, and opened its menu, which will start the vehicle creation/selection around the parking.

This means, if you did this with a fairly light airplane, GSX selected the smaller truck (even if it's small, it can push up to 175.000 lbs. ), but if you loaded the airplane using the PMDG menus and/or used any kind of progressive loading method, GSX won't "update" the vehicles you called, just because the plane changed its weight in the meantime.

Just be sure the weight is final, before you call GSX.

And, there might be a parking size restriction too, since larger vehicles are prevented to appear in smaller parkings. So, even if you "forced" GSX to accept a 777 in a parking the original scenery developer set too small in the AFCAD, even if GSX will allow you to be serviced there, it will still use the original size to select the vehicles, because the whole point of the size restriction, is to prevent larger pushback truck to appear in spaces that might not big enough to maneuver.