Author Topic: Passenger Boarding Manfred Jahn et al's C-47/DC-3 v3  (Read 4086 times)

triflyman

Passenger Boarding Manfred Jahn et al's C-47/DC-3 v3
« on: September 05, 2016, 09:33:10 pm »
Don't have the Passenger's Boarding sounds with the subject aircraft.  Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks,
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passenger Boarding Manfred Jahn et al's C-47/DC-3 v3
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 02:24:33 pm »
Since this is not an internally supported airplane, you must configure it properly, using the airplane configuration page in GSX.

Some reasons why passenger sounds cannot be heard are:

- The airplane has been flagged as Cargo

- The loading is so light, that GSX has estimated there's nobody on board (it takes the loading station weights and divides by 220 lbs to estimate the number of passengers on board)

triflyman

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 05:23:53 pm »
Thanks...I checked and the aircraft is not marked as a cargo.  On last flight I had a total payload of 3,670 lbs with 1,020 lbs being luggage & freight and the balance being passengers.  Is this enough to trigger that there are people on board?  I should also tell you that I configured a passenger boarding ramp for the aircraft but it never shows up...although the luggage belts and carts do show up.  Even a catering truck shows up...a small van.

Other ideas?

Thanks,
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 03:48:04 pm »
On last flight I had a total payload of 3,670 lbs with 1,020 lbs being luggage & freight and the balance being passengers.  Is this enough to trigger that there are people on board?

Yes. 3670 + 1020 = 4690 / 220 = 21 passengers.

I should also tell you that I configured a passenger boarding ramp for the aircraft

You mean a jetway ? You cannot configure that. It's up to the scenery having a jetway or not.

The "Parking has a jetway" option in GSX is only to tell GSX (ONLY in 3rd party scenery with static jetway) that a jetway that GSX cannot otherwise detect is there, so it should not call a Passenger Bus and the mid/front stairs.

It is a parking with a jetway ? If yes, which kind ? Fake/Static, standard FSX or SODE ?

Even a catering truck shows up...a small van.

The catering van will appear whenever the plane service door height is less than 1.65 meters from ground, so it might be correct or not, depending on the airplane.

It would be more interesting to see if you had a Passenger Bus, instead. Which will come ONLY if the parking is NOT flagged to have a jetway. You can try setting it like this, even if there's is a jetway, just a a test.

If you ALSO have a passengers Van, then it's sure the problem is related in some way to the airplane loading, since the Passengers MiniVan is supposed to appear ONLY if the estimated number of passengers is LESS than 5, and the Passenger Shuttle will be used from 5 to 20 passengers. The large BUS, will instead appear over 20 passengers.

triflyman

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 08:24:58 pm »
Not a jetway...a passenger boarding ramp.  I went into the aircraft configure and set up where the boarding door was for a passenger boarding ramp.  I am flying from a small field (KRKS) that has no jetways.

I did get the large passenger bus, not a mini van, but turned it off for this airport as not needed.  Same for other small airports I've been flying to with this aircraft (after all it's a DC-3)

Any other ideas?
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 05:28:29 pm »
Not a jetway...a passenger boarding ramp.

What is that ? A Passenger Staircase ?

I did get the large passenger bus, not a mini van, but turned it off for this airport as not needed.  Same for other small airports I've been flying to with this aircraft (after all it's a DC-3)

Any other ideas?

If you got a large passenger bus, it means the number of passenger has been correctly calculated, which means is not possible you wouldn't hear any sounds.

Do you have the sound on other airplanes ?

triflyman

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 06:40:52 pm »
Yes...sorry I used the wrong terminology.

Yes, I have the sound with all the other aircraft I fly...which are the A2A B-377, the Just Flight DC-8 and the Captain Sim B-707-300.  I also fly the A2A Piper Comanche but don't expect to hear the passenger boarding  sound as it only holds 4 people.

Any other thoughts to resolve?

Suggestion-would also be nice if you could create a small boarding staircase that would work with this DC-3.  With it's loading door so low none of the current staircases would make any sense.

Thanks,
Garry

triflyman

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 12:01:49 am »
Additional information.

Did a little playing around with this issue this afternoon.

First - I loaded the MAAM DC-3 I have and configured it...same issue...no staircase and no sound.
Second - Loaded the default DC-3, configured it and it worked perfectly...staircase and sound.  However I did notice that the staircase was a little high so I lowered it...the staircase and sound went away...so put the configuration back to where it was before and everything worked.
Third - Put the configuration from the default DC-3 into the Manfred Jahn C-47/DC-3 v3...nothing worked.  So then I changed the height a little of the configuration for the exit...the staircase now shows up but no sound.

So halfway there...any ideas how to get the sound now that I have the staircase in position?
Garry