Author Topic: GSX Doesn't work in my P3D V3.3.5 **SOLVED**  (Read 5804 times)

Ace0675

GSX Doesn't work in my P3D V3.3.5 **SOLVED**
« on: August 20, 2016, 10:26:59 am »
Hello, I have a problem with gsx on my p3d. When I launch my game, gsx reloads but when I make the command ctrl+alt+f12 the window of gsx does not appear. I don't know what to do anymore I do not arrive anymore has to use gsx even when I reinstall him.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:10:52 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Doesn't work in my P3D V3.3.5
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 11:02:55 am »
The issue, which has been discussed so many times on the forum, doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

It's a very well known P3D installation problem that, if you upgrade P3D using the "Client" installer, the files needed to support the new menu styles won't be installed, which results in ALL 3rd PARTY addons with a menu stop working, not just GSX, but also FS Passengers, SODE, and countless of other 3rd party apps that displays an in-game menu.

The issue can be fixed by installing the P3D "Content" or the P3D "Full" installer.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:10:33 pm by virtuali »

hebeoy

Re: GSX Doesn't work in my P3D V3.3.5
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 11:07:29 am »
Correct! Update the content and everything works just fine!

Henrik

Berniman

Re: GSX Doesn't work in my P3D V3.3.5 **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 06:29:57 pm »
Same problem here... what do you mean by installing the full P3D or P3D content.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Always happy landings and three green!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 09:38:42 pm »
Same problem here... what do you mean by installing the full P3D or P3D content.

I'll have to stress this is NOT a GSX question. It's a P3D installation question, which is caused by a P3D installation bug, since LM has forgot to include the files needed to support the new transparent menu styles so, ANY 3rd party application that use that menu, will stop working, if you update P3D using JUST the Client.

As I've said, to fix this P3D installation problem that doesn't have anything to do with GSX (which is just one of the many 3rd party apps that will stop working because of it), you should:

- Install the P3D "Content", which is a separate download in your P3D downloads page

OR

- Install the P3D "Full" installer.

You MIGHT have to UNINSTALL the previous "Content", and then install the latest one.

Eziocin

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 08:28:09 am »
I am having the same problem on a fresh P3D V3.4 HF3 install. All of a sudden all the addon in the addon menu stop working and it is not possible to launch them from the addon menu...
Any suggestion ?
Thanks

Ezio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 04:42:32 pm »
I am having the same problem on a fresh P3D V3.4 HF3 install. All of a sudden all the addon in the addon menu stop working and it is not possible to launch them from the addon menu...

The solution has been explained above:

- Uninstall the Client

- Download and install the latest Content or the latest Full installer

- Reinstall the Client. If you downloaded the latest Full installer, this step is not needed.