Author Topic: HDD Crash and lost Emails and registration. How to reinstall without info?  (Read 4616 times)

fisheye

Umberto;  I read your instructions on how to reinstall by requesting all of my purchases from eSellerate after purchase Service but never received an email with my purchases. I unfortunately suffered two hard disk crashes two weeks apart because of a defective new hard drive.  All of my emails were lost in the crash and also the Windows registration files. The only FSDT airports I was able to reinstall were, KPHX and KSFO the ones I bought from PC Aviator who had my purchase records.  The others I have no information.  Here is a screen shot of my installations in FSX on D:\ drive that won't operate since my C:\ Crash.  I was able to install the Addon Manager X.  It comes up and says in Trial Mode for GSX, Hawaii 1, Hawaii 2, KLAS, KLAX, and PHNL.  What do I do now?  Norm Flowers

fisheye

Update on Digital River esellerate sending my information.  Still have not gotten an email with my purchases but when requesting the email I got confirmation that it was sent on the form the request was made printed in Red in the lower part of the page, see attachment.  However nothing in my email for days and nothing in my Junk or Spam folders and the email address is correct on their page.  ??? Norm

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
If you see that message, you can be sure the email HAS been sent, there are questions about this, so the problem it's surely on your end. Some ISPs might have anti-Spam filters that you might not have any control, so the emails might have been trashed even *before* they had a chance to reach your mailbox.

I'll send you another copy of the emails to that address, using a different method.

A general suggestion, because we to often see such messages like "I lost all my email because of an hard-drive crash". This should never happen, if you configure your email correctly, for example using the IMAP protocol (instead of POP3), which means your emails are always stored on your ISPs mail server, so even if you lost your hard drive, the next time you reconnect on a brand new system, they will be downloaded again.

Or, use Gmail, that give you an unlimited amount of email space, that you can always check on the web in a Google account.

fisheye

If you see that message, you can be sure the email HAS been sent, there are questions about this, so the problem it's surely on your end. Some ISPs might have anti-Spam filters that you might not have any control, so the emails might have been trashed even *before* they had a chance to reach your mailbox.

I'll send you another copy of the emails to that address, using a different method.

A general suggestion, because we to often see such messages like "I lost all my email because of an hard-drive crash". This should never happen, if you configure your email correctly, for example using the IMAP protocol (instead of POP3), which means your emails are always stored on your ISPs mail server, so even if you lost your hard drive, the next time you reconnect on a brand new system, they will be downloaded again.

Or, use Gmail, that give you an unlimited amount of email space, that you can always check on the web in a Google account.

Thank you for this information;  I never knew that there was a method besides POP3 because it was used as the default in Thunderbird Mail.  However I am online with Yahoo.com through ATT.net and get my email both ways,  through their online server and down to Thunderbird Mail.  I have a spam folder on line and on my copy of Thunderbird and I check them all the time.  Today I had over 50 spam emails and scanned them thoroughly.  See Screen Shot;   How do I change it to let my reply get through ?  
This is the only way this software will let me change how long the server will keep my email. The POP is not changeable so  I hope 45 days will be enough but yahoo mail has not saved the formentioned email from esellerate and it is not in the spam folder.  ??   Norm
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:22:59 am by fisheye »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
This is the only way this software will let me change how long the server will keep my email. The POP is not changeable so  I hope 45 days will be enough but yahoo mail has not saved the formentioned email from esellerate and it is not in the spam folder.  ??

The ability to use IMAP doesn't depend just on the software you use. It depends BOTH by the software you use (which should configure your account to use IMAP) AND by your ISP, which should allow you to use IMAP for your email account.

If you cannot switch to IMAP, you can still use POP3 and:

- Keep the "Leave the email on the server" option CHECKED
- Keep the "For at Most xx days" option UNCHECKED
- Keep the "Until I delete them" option CHECKED

This way, messages will be left on the server as a backup, but you'll be able to remove them if needed.

However, IMAP is a far superior option, so I suggest trying to use it. Ask you ISP if in doubt.

fisheye

This is the only way this software will let me change how long the server will keep my email. The POP is not changeable so  I hope 45 days will be enough but yahoo mail has not saved the formentioned email from esellerate and it is not in the spam folder.  ??

The ability to use IMAP doesn't depend just on the software you use. It depends BOTH by the software you use (which should configure your account to use IMAP) AND by your ISP, which should allow you to use IMAP for your email account.

If you cannot switch to IMAP, you can still use POP3 and:

- Keep the "Leave the email on the server" option CHECKED
- Keep the "For at Most xx days" option UNCHECKED
- Keep the "Until I delete them" option CHECKED

This way, messages will be left on the server as a backup, but you'll be able to remove them if needed.

However, IMAP is a far superior option, so I suggest trying to use it. Ask you ISP if in doubt.

Thank you for the information;  I also found this website for ATT that ISP's can request to be unblocked.  http://rbl.att.net/end_user_request1.html
I still have not received any email from esellerate or personal email from you.  I have been watching diligently.   Norm

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I also found this website for ATT that ISP's can request to be unblocked.  http://rbl.att.net/end_user_request1.html
I still have not received any email from esellerate or personal email from you.  I have been watching diligently. 

You mean you haven't even received the OTHER email I've sent you ? I'm sorry, but it's clear your account or your ISP has issues.

Do you have a Gmail account ? If yes, send me an email asking to replace your original email on record with it. If you don't have it, make one (it's free).

fisheye

Yes I do have a GMail account.  It is in the personal message I sent you.  I wonder how many other emails I have never received?   Thanks for your diligence on this matter and helping me sort out this problem.  Being into FS since BAO and now 78 years old it has been a little challenging for me.  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 02:10:55 pm by virtuali »

fisheye

Umberto;  Did you get my email to change my email address yet?  Could you resend me a copy of my purchases with my code numbers or will my new email address work with esellerate now?  Norm
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 02:11:06 pm by virtuali »