Author Topic: Last update seems to be very unstable  (Read 3258 times)

Psin

Last update seems to be very unstable
« on: July 16, 2016, 10:04:09 am »
Several Couatl crashes since last update four days ago (P3D V2.4)

1-When loading a new flight
2-When P3D install new scenery files during startup
3-When requesting Pushback or whatever

First question : Is it possible to restart couatl ?
Second question : Is it possible to come back ans download an older version (which work better) ?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Last update seems to be very unstable
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 04:26:43 pm »
Please do not continue to post copies of the same message, that you already posted several times in several different threads.

We cannot test under P3 2.4 right now but, why you are still running 2.4 ? I could understand not upgrading to 3.0 because it's not free (even if it's vastly superior), but at least use the latest 2.5 version.

In any case, you are the only one reporting this problem, maybe because not many still use 2.4 today.

In any case, if you think that an older GSX worked better with your version of the sim, the only possible way to install it, is to have an older installer, and install it with the network disconnected. And, you'll will have to disable the Live Update and will be forever stuck with that version, with no chance for updates so no, it's best if you update the sim instead.

Psin

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 07:28:33 pm »
Sincerely, I LOVE your product, it's a very good one, not so expensive, very good programming, etc.

But, no, reading all the new topics, it seems that I'm not the only one to have problems with the last update, V2.4,V3.0, V3.3 or whatever.

And I pay for it, so..., if I prefer V2.4 for the moment...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 02:22:25 pm »
And I pay for it, so..., if I prefer V2.4 for the moment...

That's precisely the reason why I couldn't understand it. Yes, an update to 3.x will cost money but, why you are not even using the LATEST 2.x ? Updatig to the latest 2.5 would be a free download.

But, no, reading all the new topics, it seems that I'm not the only one to have problems with the last update, V2.4,V3.0, V3.3 or whatever.

And if you read all the threads to their *completion* (yes, most of them started with users assuming they had a problem with the "update", but ended up differently), you would have known that MOST of the problems were actually caused by something else, and we fixed ALL the remaining minority of problems that WERE caused by our updates.

Have you tried the one we release yesterday ? It's supposed to fix the last crash we were able to reproduce.

Psin

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 05:47:11 pm »
Well, V2.5 needs several hours to be download, I have to de-install and re-install several add-ons, and, due to the difficulties I had with V2.3 to make some airplanes to work properly, I'm not so confident into P3D...

I'll be waiting for the V4.0  :)

Simply, DO NOT, into your installer, indicate that it works with P3D 2.x, simply write V2.5

I 've reinstalled an older version and it's perfect  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 06:00:20 pm »
Well, V2.5 needs several hours to be download, I have to de-install and re-install several add-ons, and, due to the difficulties I had with V2.3 to make some airplanes to work properly, I'm not so confident into P3D...

You shouldn't uninstall anything to switch from 2.4 to 2.5, surely not that would affect GSX.

Simply, DO NOT, into your installer, indicate that it works with P3D 2.x, simply write V2.5

I haven't said they will *surely* not work. I said it would be difficult to test for us, NOW, why they don't work on your system. Using an outdated version (is not even the last 2.x) is your choice, but you can expect it would be then more difficult to get some support.

Psin

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 12:45:45 pm »
No problem, I'll stay one of your customer ;D