Author Topic: Activation Limit Exceeded  (Read 6073 times)

Herbert30

Activation Limit Exceeded
« on: May 30, 2016, 11:25:21 pm »
After I formatted my computer I installed GSX,Zurich,Geneva and Vancouver airport which I purchased some time
ago.

When trying to reinstall GSX I got a message " Activation Limit Exceeded ".

How can this be corrected ?
Is it possible to get a new key ( serial # ) or to extend the one I have ?

Thanks for your help

Herbert30

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Activation Limit Exceeded
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 12:55:56 pm »
Have you been doing a lot of hardware changes in a short period of time? You get something like 6 activations per scenery, and you recover one used activation every 90 days. In addition, you can deactivate scenery before changing hardware so you won't lose one when you reinstall.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Herbert30

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 02:07:17 pm »
Have you been doing a lot of hardware changes in a short period of time? You get something like 6 activations per scenery, and you recover one used activation every 90 days. In addition, you can deactivate scenery before changing hardware so you won't lose one when you reinstall.

I did not do any hardware changes but due to computer problems I had to format a few times.
I did not realize that I only have 6 activations per scenery.
However the question now is how can I correct this issue ?
I also miss activation keys for GSX,Zurich and Vancouver airport.

Thanks again

Herbert30

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 02:46:22 pm »
Actually, six per scenery is a lot. Unless you're installing on multiple computers, about the only way to consume one would be a change of hardware, not sure about formatting. If you've used them up, you'll have to wait for Umberto to reply.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 06:17:12 pm »
I did not realize that I only have 6 activations per scenery.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

It's true I'm not free to change hardware by using this purchasing system?

We chose to offer a very liberal licensing policy regarding activations: there are 6 activations available per order, coupled with auto-reclaim every 90 days. This means, in general, that you can change your hardware up to 6 times in a 90 days period, without running into activation issues.

And, you also have the ability to DEACTIVATE a computer, when you plan to reformat it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,4082.0.html

However the question now is how can I correct this issue ?

If you never used the Deactivation, so you consumed ALL your activations AND LESS than 90 days have passed since the last time you got an activation, you must contact us BY EMAIL, with your Order Numbers, so we can add additional activations.

I also miss activation keys for GSX,Zurich and Vancouver airport.

The FAQ page (and the manual, of course) is your friend, and contains everything you need to know to recover an order:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

airlinetycoon

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 12:08:30 am »
That means the counter will be reseted after 90 days?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 03:36:24 pm »
No, you'll recover 1 activation after 90 days.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 10:47:59 pm »

Nowhere we said the counter will be "reset". Just that, once you exceed all your available activations, if MORE than 90 days have passed since the last time you got an activation, the oldest one will be reclaimed to grant you a new one, without having to contact us.

Of course, if you always use the DEACTIVATE function of the Addon Manager, it's impossible to consume all your activations because, even if you have hardware failures, the 6 activations are a buffer against unpredictable events (unless you get 6 hardware failures in a row...) provided, of course, you remember to DEACTIVATE when you are PLANNING an major update.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 10:51:26 pm »
Thank you, understood. Same procedure as PMDG implemented.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 02:16:28 pm »

when you are PLANNING an major update.

I will upgrade my GPU to an GTX 1070 in the next days. Would be this an "Major update" and should I deactivate my sceneries in the AddOn-Manager?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 03:40:02 pm »
I will upgrade my GPU to an GTX 1070 in the next days. Would be this an "Major update" and should I deactivate my sceneries in the AddOn-Manager?

We don't have any idea what a major update really means, since it's all a black box for us, which is handled entirely by Esellerate. Deactivating all your products before swapping the video card doesn't cost much effort.

However, if you don't do it, it would be an issue (that would require contacting us) ONLY if you already used all your activations AND the last one was obtained less than 90 days ago.