Author Topic: Use of dual jetways at EPWA  (Read 3764 times)

FLYFROMUTAH

Use of dual jetways at EPWA
« on: June 17, 2016, 01:38:04 am »
Trying to connect both jetways to a CS L-1011 at gate 14. Have option to connect to main door with right jetway or connect left jetway to 2nd pass door but not option to connect to both doors at same time. Have a third option to connect also, both this is of no help. This is a heavy gate and I'm parked correctly for this jet. It is too cramped for a 777 jet. I have reconfigured the doors so they are both recognized correctly with no errors from GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Use of dual jetways at EPWA
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 11:51:17 am »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which displays a list of usable doors depending on what SODE reported to it, so you won't see jetways that will cannot work, because SODE has calculated they can't.

The reason why SODE couldn't resolve a jetway, are usually because the parking position and the plane used don't allow the jetway to reach the doors, which is also depending how the jetway is made by the original scenery developer and the min/max movement ranges of its axes. It's a combination of all these factors.

If SODE says a particular jetway cannot reach a particular door on a certain scenery with a certain airplane, GSX doesn't have any other choice than remove it from the list, because that jetway wouldn't be able to move anyway and it would probably return with a SODE error message if you tried to use it anyway from the SODE own menu.

Just to be sure, you can try using the jetway with the SODE menu, and confirm you cannot use them both in the same situation.

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 12:00:27 am »
I have confirmed that only the right jetway is usable for both passenger doors, the left jetway will not work with the right one in this case.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 12:29:25 am »
I have confirmed that only the right jetway is usable for both passenger doors, the left jetway will not work with the right one in this case.

I'm not sure what you confirmed: I asked to verify if the same happens both from the GSX menu and the SODE menu.

If the jetway doesn't work in both cases, as I've said, it's because SODE cannot solve it. And the reason why SODE cannot solve it, it's a combination of how the jetway is made, how is placed on the parking, how YOU parked on the parking, and the airplane doors.

In this case, there's simply nothing GSX or SODE can do, it's just that combination is not usable, but it's impossible to say if it's a problem or not. Is not possible to create a "universal jetway" that would work *everywhere*, with any plane, any door on any airport, regardless how good/bad you parked.

With the original FSX, such jetways would either not move, or would "break apart". With SODE, they just don't move, and SODE will give you a clear error message about it. GSX will simply not present the unsolvable ones in its menu.

If, instead, SODE can use both of them with its own menu, but you don't have the same option in GSX, then we are interested in it, because it MIGHT be a problem we should look at.

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 12:55:49 am »
I did use the SODE menu and had the same results. Parking is quite important at this gate. No real guidance at the airport to get exact spot had to use my own visual guidance to make sure door was lined up correctly. The GSX deboarding procedure using the jetways  was much easier to use than Shift-D menu from the airport developer.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 01:05:02 am by FLYFROMUTAH »

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 03:36:37 am »
I have to come back with a caveat to my last post. The SODE file does not have my aircraft the CS L-1011 aircraftexits.ini or parameters listed. Will this make a difference in how the jetways react to my doors you will have to inform me of this. I know i am receiving a message from SODE that the hood will not extend because of this at the main door.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 01:54:30 pm »
The SODE file does not have my aircraft the CS L-1011 aircraftexits.ini or parameters listed.

This is not necessary with GSX, since when called from GSX, SODE can use the GSX airplane configuration, instead of the aircraftexits.ini so, in a way, if you airplane is correctly configured in GSX with all the proper doors at the correct location, it should work even better in GSX, even without any data in the aircraftexits.ini file.

However, this doesn't change that fact that, the jetway might still be not solvable, due to how the jetway is made, how you parked the plane, and how the airplane doors are located.

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 01:10:30 am »
Thanks for all your help and your patience with my questions.
Looking forward when all FSDT airports are updated with SODE jetways.