Author Topic: SODE Connection Lost  (Read 5303 times)

cgentil

SODE Connection Lost
« on: June 14, 2016, 03:32:01 pm »
Hi,

Always receiving a message SODE Connection Lost, SODE Connection Alive = 0, anyway to disable this messages?

Or is this normal?

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE Connection Lost
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 03:43:26 pm »
They are two separate messages, the "SODE Connection Alive = 0" means that everything is ok with SODE, maybe we can remove it.

"SODE Connection Lost" means that something has gone wrong with the communication with SODE, so you surely want to know about it. However, the program tries to reestablish the communication automatically, but if it can't, it can usually fixed by restarting SODE with its "Reload All" menu option.

cgentil

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 06:13:50 pm »
They are two separate messages, the "SODE Connection Alive = 0" means that everything is ok with SODE, maybe we can remove it.

"SODE Connection Lost" means that something has gone wrong with the communication with SODE, so you surely want to know about it. However, the program tries to reestablish the communication automatically, but if it can't, it can usually fixed by restarting SODE with its "Reload All" menu option.

But it happens always.

I don't have the latest SODE, it could be the reason?

It happens 3 - 4 times and on final the connection is establish.

It happens when I load the aircraft on airport and on landing.

I guess the removal of the message is better.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:16:47 pm by cgentil »

cgentil

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 06:47:58 pm »
Any idea on that?

I saw there's new update. Latest I installed update with a full installer as required on Couatl Live update release notes now it does not require, and I installed update under simulator automatically when warning appeared and not full installer, should I make a install with full installer or there's no problem?

Thank you
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:54:04 pm by cgentil »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 08:51:13 pm »
I'm not sure what you are expecting to see in the update: I said we might remove it, not that we *already* removed it in the latest version. However, I referring to the first message, about the connection being alive, which is redundant.

The other message won't be removed, because you'll want to know if there was a problem with SODE.

But that's not the point. As I've said already, the program tries to reestablish the communication automatically, but if it can't, it can usually fixed by restarting SODE with its "Reload All" menu option.

cgentil

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 08:56:44 pm »
I'm not sure what you are expecting to see in the update: I said we might remove it, not that we *already* removed it in the latest version. However, I referring to the first message, about the connection being alive, which is redundant.

The other message won't be removed, because you'll want to know if there was a problem with SODE.

But that's not the point. As I've said already, the program tries to reestablish the communication automatically, but if it can't, it can usually fixed by restarting SODE with its "Reload All" menu option.

Thanks for reply.

There seem to be a problem with SODE, because it is always going down and alive, so I receive those messages.

Also this happens on non-SODE airports....

cgentil

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 07:10:58 pm »
OK - The problem was from SODE.

Version updated no more errors to 1.3.x.x.

DUNKMAN65

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 06:14:30 pm »
Whenever I use the GSX Menu to start the boarding process, I get an error that SODE lost connection. Then if I restart COUATL and choose boarding, I get prompted for the exit to connect the jetway to and then to confirm. It then behaves as expected. Any ideas on what could cause this?