Author Topic: Feature Request - Jetway Control  (Read 3454 times)

downscc

Feature Request - Jetway Control
« on: June 09, 2016, 05:13:11 pm »
Please add a GSX Menu item to toggle or extend/retract the jetway.
I am aware that board and deboarding actions accomplish this, but that does not cover the case where a flight that was previously saved at a gate after deboarding is reloaded in the sim for a new flight and the jetway is parked. Jetways do not remember their positions from one session to the next.  The only option now is to select either boarding or deboarding to move the jetway into postion.  I'd prefer to move the jetway without passengers involved.

Thank you,

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Feature Request - Jetway Control
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 06:48:29 pm »
Just use Tab-S to call the SODE menu...
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

downscc

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 09:50:39 pm »
Just use Tab-S to call the SODE menu...

Where do I read about SODE menu?  Using PMDG, the Tab key turns on input from keyboard to CDU so all Tab-S does is enter an S in the CDU scratchpad.  Looking for more info. Thanks.

Found SODE User Manual on line here: http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9, and it shows an example sim add on menu item where the SODE select offers Text Menu "Tab S", Test DLL Connection and Reload All.  My SODE selection only has Test DLL Connection as an option.

Are we supposed to install the SODE Module from the above referenced web site??  I found that Tab S doesn't work even if the PMDG option to use that keycommand is disabled.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:49:07 am by downscc »

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 01:19:47 pm »
thought  ctl+j   is  used  for jetways    since  it  works  for  me  or  am I thinking  of  something  else?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 01:36:07 pm »
...shows an example sim add on menu item where the SODE select offers Text Menu "Tab S", Test DLL Connection and Reload All.  My SODE selection only has Test DLL Connection as an option.

I didn't check my SODE selection to verify, just went by what I found in the manual. Maybe the integrated version is limited to what it can control, and there is no other menu?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

downscc

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 07:34:02 pm »
Correct, only menu item is to test DLL.  Hence, my feature request.  Next time I am experimenting I'll install the SODE download runtime and see what happens. If I remember.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 01:26:19 pm »
Not sure if having it would cause issues, but I had the runtime installed and the GSX installer removed it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 01:39:28 pm »
but I had the runtime installed and the GSX installer removed it.

GSX installer hasn't removed anything. It will *just* launch the latest SODE 1.3.3 installer. The same you would have to launch if you were going to manually download and install it, but it won't do anything more to the existing SODE installation, other than what is being done by the SODE installer.