Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 123840 times)

por930

Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #210 on: July 03, 2016, 04:11:22 am »
Hnla,
Maybe he is a tad busy rechecking code,other potential roadblocks, and development. The support responce time on this forum pretty good.

I had a look around with Google, no doubt you did the same. Seems this Bglmanx.dll error pops its head up quite a bit, on both FSX and P3D platforms. If you check them, the error was caused by Bios, ASN or other modules that needed updating etc.

Have a look at the post by Pete Dowson,   http://forum.simflight.com/topic/77549-fsx-fatal-error-fsuipc/ especially his comments, 20 Aug 2014 and 21 Aug 2014
"Your problems are from other add-ins you are running. You need to go through a process of elimination.  If you find your DLL.XML and EXE.XML files and paste those here I can point out how to do this for those programs loading automatically."

I appreciate your error is not FSUIPC, but....he provides a way of checking the various .exe and .dll files for which maybe crashing the program. This guy found it to be ASN that needed reinstalling....

Geoff

Wise87

KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #211 on: July 03, 2016, 11:29:21 pm »
After a 2 weeks I had a G2D.dll crash during a Flyin on VATSIM . I was hoping for the best :(
I'm using EZdok 1.17. Which version should I be using? Also I just moved EZdok to the last entry in my exe.xml and configured it as Administrator. Anything else I should try? Really trying to conquer this bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wise87

« Reply #212 on: July 04, 2016, 02:13:31 pm »
Any suggestion on which version of EZDok I should be using? Currently using 1.17. Also to follow up I used AI Aircraft Editor to scan my AI and I found a few that reported errors. I have fixed them. Also I made sure EZdok is set to run as administrator. This is not set by default. I'll keep trying and follow the tips posted here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #213 on: July 04, 2016, 02:49:42 pm »
Any suggestion on which version of EZDok I should be using? Currently using 1.17

This is from an email I've got from someone from the Ezdok support team on the Flight1 forum:

the current version is v1.1.87 beta and is the  version downloadable from the flight1 website by new customers. If an existing user posted an issue on the forum relating their use of v 1.18 to v1.1.86 inclusive- I would suggest they upgrade to the latest version which retains full compatibility with FSX acceleration ( FSX -DVD version)

UPDATE
Thanks to Flight1, who sent me a copy Ezdok to test, I can only confirm that (as expected) I don't have any crashes at KMEM with version 1.18.7.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:40:23 pm by virtuali »

Wise87

« Reply #214 on: July 04, 2016, 09:42:58 pm »
I'm running the latest version now. Fingers crossed.

Hnla

« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2016, 11:25:36 pm »
OK, so the problem seems to be caused by FSUIPC4.DLL for me. I keep getting FSUPIC crashes at KMEM, but WHY? I posted on the FSUIPC forum but he's on vacation until the 23 of July..

Hnla

« Reply #216 on: July 19, 2016, 04:43:23 pm »
So I did 3 identical tests with KMEM- All 3 with the same exact scenario

-Load up PMDG 737NGX, and go to KMEM on Active Runway (no weather addon loaded)

Of the 3 times I tested that scenario I was able to get the crash once.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x575f3e3a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x1afd6340
Faulting process id: 0x254
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1e1ca5cc40d76
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: FSUIPC4.dll

Not much useful information, but just thought i'd share if anyone has any clues...

por930

« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2016, 03:26:09 am »
Hi Hnla,
When Pete Dowson from FSUIPC returns, he will be able to assist you better. The intermittent failure for the same loaded scenario seems to indicate some weakness. Looking on Pete Dowsons forum, he asked a person to supply him some information to assist with help....

" So please do three things:

1. Provide more information about the actual error initially reported. All you've said so far is "I get a message advising me not to use it.". I need more details than that. Check in the Windows error log, see what errors it details from FSX.EXE. There will be more details there. The error log can be seen by entering "event viewer" in the Start edit field, then selecting Windows Logs -- Application.

2. Look in the FS Modules folder. There will certainly be an FSUIPC4 Install log file. Paste that here. And see if there is an FSUIPC4 Log file. If so, paste that here too. If not, tell me -- that means FSUIPC has never actually been run.

3. Get a SimConnect log file. There's a FAQ subforum thread on how to do that. Paste that here too. "

Hnla, if you have not supplied all this info, maybe you can do it now, before Pete returns from vacation??

I did notice that you have FSX loaded into your Program Files. I often see reference to a warning to always install FSX outside of the Program File to give you better control. In my case, I have D:\FSX. To de-install and reinstall is a big pain, as it will involve all your flight sim programs. But, that said, plenty of people have FSX installed inside their Programs File with no issues.

FSX, It works ok, then, you introduce a new add on, and BANG...it becomes very unstable, often in an area that you least expect, until you work out the connection.
Geoff

Hnla

« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2016, 03:43:05 am »
Well I talked to Pete D. He basically said it must be scenery corruption. And you guys claim that it isn't.

por930

« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2016, 04:30:22 am »
Yeah, frustrating Hnla, If FSDT and FSUIPC can't help further. I did see your post in the FSUIPC forum. Pete was suggesting a rogue memory variable, possibly weather as a cause, due to the weather system constantly changing. He also considered FSUIPC was only reporting some thing it saw, rather than the cause. He seemed very sure, your problem is weather related and indicated how to turn off the weather reading. If this failed, then remove and reinstall KMEM, which no doubt you have done.   

Unfortunately, all our machines differ to varying degrees with both hardware and software. The developers try to code a program to fit between these variances. For what ever reason, your system maybe just outside the KMEM envelope...some times.... This variable crash situation will need lots of sleuthing to find the cause.

For the purposes of testing, I would disable FSUIPC, and not fire up the weather add on. Then load your same scenario and see if KMEM loads every time or still crashes your system, making sure you keep track of your RAM usage, as each re-load, after a successful previous load will be depleting your memory unless you have been shutting down FSX between successful loads.

If or when your machine crashes, see what the error log says, as it can no longer blame FSUIPC or weather add on.

There might be a time when you have to admit defeat and accept KMEM will not run on your system set up the way it is.  
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 04:51:23 am by por930 »
Geoff

Hnla

« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2016, 05:12:08 pm »
And of coarse.. I get no crashes when AI is disabled.

I do get some COUATL crashes though

Faulting application name: couatl.exe, version: 3.1.0.3527, time stamp: 0x57923ce0
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x7ebd001c
Faulting process id: 0x12a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1e5ba65bfa365
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
Faulting module path: unknown

There might be a time when you have to admit defeat and accept KMEM will not run on your system set up the way it is

Sorry, I am not just going to "go away". Maybe I would if it was an airport by ImagineSim.. but KMEM is a brilliant product, and I truly believe there is some sort of incompatibility with something at KMEM that affects some users that nobody has discovered yet.

There is no reason why everything else in my sim works great but not KMEM for some "unknown" reason. Plus, I've gotten several PM's from users who also have crashes that have basically just given up and accepted that there is no solution (right now) to crashes at KMEM.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:18:10 pm by Hnla »

por930

« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2016, 03:44:28 am »
Good luck with the searching Hnla. I have had similar times when I did no "flying", but only repairs and maintenance for several weeks or months. I seemed to be for ever fixing things and not enjoying the flying.

Eventually, I stopped all "repairs" and reformatted my machine, reloaded Win 7, fully updated Win 7, then went through the process of rebuilding my system. Since then, all seems to work quite well....I wonder if P3D users have had better success, compared to FSX? as P3D engine may now be a bit more robust!

I think its great the FSDT make their products for FSX and P3D, and hope that this compilation has minimal risk of conflicts as compared with totally stand alone single products. Hope so, as this is the main reason I still buy FSDT and others with the 'mix and match' engines, as it edges my bets for future buying decisions for P3D or remaining with FSX.

I can understand other users sending you pm about their issues and giving up while waiting for a solution, though, better to keep it alive for FSDT guys to help figure out what is causing the conflicts.
Geoff

skipy33

« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2016, 02:32:39 pm »
Good luck with the searching Hnla. I have had similar times when I did no "flying", but only repairs and maintenance for several weeks or months. I seemed to be for ever fixing things and not enjoying the flying.

Eventually, I stopped all "repairs" and reformatted my machine, reloaded Win 7, fully updated Win 7, then went through the process of rebuilding my system. Since then, all seems to work quite well....I wonder if P3D users have had better success, compared to FSX? as P3D engine may now be a bit more robust!

I think its great the FSDT make their products for FSX and P3D, and hope that this compilation has minimal risk of conflicts as compared with totally stand alone single products. Hope so, as this is the main reason I still buy FSDT and others with the 'mix and match' engines, as it edges my bets for future buying decisions for P3D or remaining with FSX.

I can understand other users sending you pm about their issues and giving up while waiting for a solution, though, better to keep it alive for FSDT guys to help figure out what is causing the conflicts.

Hi Geoff.

In MY case on MY system, g2d.dll crash is not due to a "conflict" between various addons but the way all those addons (typically Couatl, SODE and AI traffic) want to display their objects at the same place (KMEM) at the same time. Despite the latest updates improve a bit the behaviour, the only workaround I found ON MY SYSTEM to use KMEM today with SODE and AI Traffic is to slow down my Fsx performance at a specific time:

1°) If I want to start a situation directly at a KMEM stand:
- I set in Fsx.cfg Fsx frame limiter to 10 and fiber_frame_time_fraction to 0.33.
- I run Fsx and start the situation
- Once everything is fully loaded (without crash but with a very bad FPS around 5) I can set Frame limiter to unlimited via Fsx settings and fiber_frame_time_fraction to 0.10 via Addon Manager menu.
- I can start my flight with a good FPS (15-30) despite my 3860x1024 resolution and ASN+ASCA weather + many AI Aircrafts => No crash :)

2°) If I want to land at a KMEM arriving from another airport:
- Depending of the approach, I set arriving 15NM MEM Vor FPS limiter to 10 via Fsx menu and fiber_frame_time_fraction to 0.33 via addon manager menu
- The FPS becomes very bad of course but I stay like that until 5NM inbound
- Then I set back my previous settings to get an acceptable performance in final => No crash :).

If I try to start a default situation at KMEM or land at KMEM keeping my original settings (which work very well with all other airports addons using couatl engine) I always get a g2d.dll crash.

Skip.

por930

« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2016, 04:03:21 pm »
Hi skip, Now that must be so frustrating. You just want to fly from A to B...Sounds simple. When you are using all other third party airports fine, every thing stable(well, as stable as FSX can be!!) then along comes KMEM, and BANG...Just like Hnla and I guess a few others, the enjoyment disappears from flight sim until you sort out the new addition. Having to tweak your settings while flying does not lend itself to immersion.

There is some thing "different" about KMEM, compared to other FSDT airports coding architecture. Sufficient to cause some users grief.  As yet, I only have the demo version, so my testing of it very very limited due to the 5 minute use rule. Being a FEDEX guy, I can see I will have to take the plunge and buy, though hopefully I can hold off until FSDT have their sales, and then I might be joining you here.   
Geoff

Hnla

« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2016, 04:46:15 pm »
Hi skip, Now that must be so frustrating

I can understand other users sending you pm about their issues and giving up while waiting for a solution

Yeah, frustrating Hnla

Good luck with the searching Hnla

Can we stop with the stereotypical support replies and get some constructive responses...

Despite the latest updates improve a bit the behaviour, the only workaround I found ON MY SYSTEM to use KMEM today with SODE and AI Traffic is to slow down my Fsx performance at a specific time:

Maybe it's our systems being over stressed?