Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 124935 times)

pcubine

Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2016, 04:01:20 pm »

I will try to make the same tests I performed with the lerar 45 but with PMDG777 to see if the VAS remaining when aproaching KMEM is the problem.

If it was a problem with VAS usage exceeding the 4GB limit you should have received a message just after the CTD that you were out of memory. If you didn't receive the message, I don't imagine it was a VAS problem.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:03:02 pm by pcubine »
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2016, 04:03:38 pm »
If it was a problem with VAS usage exceeding the 4GB limit you should have received a message just after the CTD that you were out of memory.

Not so easy...that's only if FSX itself exhausted VAS but, there are some memory allocation made by KMEM that FSX cannot detect, so it's possible they might cause an NTDLL.DLL error.

por930

« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2016, 04:19:28 pm »
I downloaded the KMEM Demo a few days ago, installed it into my win 7/64 FSX machine, where all my FSDT and other payware live, and of course, CTD when loading default trike at the airport. This scenery must be "different" to other FSDT scenery code architecture, as it seems to need wider parameters before it will load. All my other FSDT loads straight away.

I also loaded KMEM into my win 8.1/64 FSX-SE machine, which as NO other scenery installed and it worked straight away!! proving that it does work as loaded, just got to get the config happy.

So, no doubt, if you have a machine that happens to fit the new parameters FSDT has inadvertently set, great. For us others, lots of time chasing rabbits down holes.

So, when some one much cleverer than me comes up with a list of possible solutions, I will recommence the journey.  
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2016, 04:44:05 pm »
I also loaded KMEM into my win 8.1/64 FSX-SE machine, which as NO other scenery installed and it worked straight away!!

That's to be expected. FSX:SE has a better memory handling so, if your FSX is stuffed with too much things, there are both more chances to cause conflicts and more chances to exhaust memory.

I downloaded the KMEM Demo a few days ago, installed it into my win 7/64 FSX machine, where all my FSDT and other payware live, and of course, CTD when loading default trike at the airport. This scenery must be "different" to other FSDT scenery code architecture, as it seems to need wider parameters before it will load.

Yes, of course it's different. In any case, as for anybody else with a problem, I'm available to arrange a Teamviewer session to check your system directly. PM-me about this if you are interested.

skipy33

« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2016, 04:54:54 pm »
It's not a VAS issue for sure. No OOM message from Fsx.

I've just perform a test with exactly the same configuration than this morning:

- Starting at Fedex ramp with PMDG777, Asn and EFB running.
- I have a little programm to monitor VAS: 1812K after loading
- Take off runway 27 then a  great tour to perform 27 star approach at 38NM
- Glide interception without any issue (I crashed exactly at this moment this morning)
- Full stop landing runway 27.
- VAS remaining on the runway: 1080K

But if I remember my previous tests, If I was able to load KMEM scenery without crashing, I never had crash after when going back even turning 45NM away.

So my next test tomorrow (after I'll perform a flight elsewhere :-)) will be to find an airport at more than 50NM where I can take off with the 777 and same approach 27. Of course Asn weather will be different but honestly I don't think the problem is there.

KIAH is working very well even in the latest release with SODE jetways. But for sure it is not so complex with all new features introduced by KMEM.

One again I love FSDT products and I hope they'll find why KMEM is so hard to make running.

Skip.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2016, 05:43:15 pm »

As I've said:

there are some memory allocation made by KMEM that FSX cannot detect, so it's possible they might cause an NTDLL.DLL error.

However, if that utility (assuming IT can detect VAS properly) says you *really* have 1080K left, that's VERY close to memory exhaustion!! Unless you meant 1080MB...

pcubine

« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2016, 06:57:06 pm »
Umberto

Does the undetected memory allocation occurs at any other FSDT airports other than KMEM?

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

skipy33

« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2016, 07:43:58 pm »

As I've said:

there are some memory allocation made by KMEM that FSX cannot detect, so it's possible they might cause an NTDLL.DLL error.

However, if that utility (assuming IT can detect VAS properly) says you *really* have 1080K left, that's VERY close to memory exhaustion!! Unless you meant 1080MB...

Oups yes 1080Mb of course.

Skip.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2016, 08:35:48 pm »
Does the undetected memory allocation occurs at any other FSDT airports other than KMEM?

KIAH, most likely, only in the latest version. But KIAH probably takes less VAS than KMEM, so the two are not comparable anyway. KMEM takes less VAS than KLAX, however so, it's not a particularly memory-hungry scenery, but of course, everything loaded counts.

Hnla

« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2016, 11:31:31 pm »
I uninstalled Mytraffic 2013 and Installed MyTraffic Pro. KMEM STILL Crashing. I am so sick of this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2016, 11:34:45 pm »
I uninstalled Mytraffic 2013 and Installed MyTraffic Pro. KMEM STILL Crashing. I am so sick of this.

THIS sentence of yours:

"This is where I can produce a G2D crash every-time. Without Mytraffic, issue gone."

Which I assume is accurate, clearly proves the problem didn't had anything to do with KMEM.

THIS one, instead:

I uninstalled Mytraffic 2013 and Installed MyTraffic Pro.

Only proves that this other Traffic addon might just have the same problem as MyTraffic 2013. Have you TRIED with AI Traffic at 0% ?

Hnla

« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2016, 11:43:53 pm »
Which I assume is accurate, clearly proves the problem didn't had anything to do with KMEM.

Yes, it DOES have todo with KMEM. KMEM might not be *causing* the problem- but the CTD is happening at KMEM, so it DOES involve KMEM. It also involves Mytraffic

Only proves that this other Traffic addon might just have the same problem as MyTraffic 2013. Have you TRIED with AI Traffic at 0% ?

From my previous message:

OK- So i tested out weather simply sliding the traffic slider back down to 0% would fix my crashes and it did.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2016, 11:50:36 pm »
Yes, it DOES have todo with KMEM. KMEM might not be *causing* the problem- but the CTD is happening at KMEM, so it DOES involve KMEM. It also involves Mytraffic

Define "involves"...

Are you saying that, if there's a problem with some AI model that appears at KMEM (because of its schedule) and causes the sim to crash, we could/should do something about it ?

A simulation of a Anti-air Flak/simulated SAMs, to shot down dangerous AI ?

From my previous message:

OK- So i tested out weather simply sliding the traffic slider back down to 0% would fix my crashes and it did

I read it, I just wanted another confirmation: it's clearly an AI problem then.

Hnla

« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2016, 12:01:29 am »
Even more proof that it DOES directly involve FSDT KMEM-

I tested out to see if it was *just* the AI that was causing the problem. So I completely uninstalled FSDT KMEM. Same AI Traffic. And no crashes!

skipy33

« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2016, 12:57:56 am »
Hi Guys,

I'm in contact with SODE support and I'll explain them the problem I have and how simobjects are involved. SOmething

Something I just see now: My flight this morning was made with 2 lines "renamed" to avoid the problem but I did crash with 777:

NOSimObjectPaths.10=Aerosoft\Split X\simobjects
NOSimObjectPaths.11=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Prague\simobjects

But if performing a test with the lear 45 and the same lines renamed, no crash and I can see that in SODE.log:
[00:46:48.017] DEBUG SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : Looking for sim.cfg files in E:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\
[00:46:48.091] DEBUG SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : Looking for sim.cfg files in E:\FSX\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\
[00:46:48.092] DEBUG SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : Looking for sim.cfg files in E:\FSX\SimObjects\GroundVehicles\
[00:46:48.109] DEBUG SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : Looking for sim.cfg files in E:\FSX\SimObjects\Boats\
[00:46:48.127] DEBUG SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : Looking for sim.cfg files in E:\FSX\SimObjects\Animals\
[00:46:48.128] DEBUG SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : Looking for sim.cfg files in E:\FSX\SimObjects\Misc\
[00:46:48.166] DEBUG SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : Looking for sim.cfg files in E:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft\
[00:46:48.173] DEBUG SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : Looking for sim.cfg files in E:\FSX\FsxAI\
[00:46:48.177] DEBUG SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : Looking for sim.cfg files in C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects\
[00:46:48.177] DEBUG SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : Looking for sim.cfg files in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\
[00:46:48.194] DEBUG SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : Looking for sim.cfg files in E:\FSX\Aerosoft\Split X\simobjects\
[00:46:48.196] DEBUG SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : Looking for sim.cfg files in E:\FSX\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Prague\simobjects\
[00:46:48.199] INFO SODE.FOLDERMANAGER : SODE SimObjects Map Building completed. Size=372

Exactly the same log than if I don't renamme the lines (with "NO"). Size=372 in both SODE.log. Strange isn'it?

Skip.