Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 122781 times)

Hnla

Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #285 on: August 10, 2016, 08:06:50 pm »
Reducing textures size didn't make it go away.

Taking away traffic didn't make it go away.

Nothing seems to cure this problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #286 on: August 11, 2016, 01:08:37 pm »
Then you should try to enquire with PMDG since:

it seems that it only crashes with the PMDG 737NGX. I didn't crash with you for the team viewer session because you selected the Aerosoft Airbus.

Try to say this to PMDG support, maybe they have an explanation why the Aerosoft Airbus (and I guess any other default airplane too) doesn't crash at KMEM, but the PMDG does.

qman

« Reply #287 on: August 11, 2016, 02:39:20 pm »
I run FSX Steam and KMEM crashes often with the Aerosoft Airbus 318/319. The crash almost always indicates EzDok and ntdll, but not always. I have the latest EzDok. I have also crashed when not running EzDok. If it doesn't crash shortly after startup with EzDok, then it sometimes crashes when I start radar contact.

I don't think that it is OOM. It happens at very low and very high graphics/texture settings. If it doesn't crash in the first few minutes, then I can run flawlessly from KMEM to KIAH or other complex payware airports without any problem. The crash is only at KMEM and not at KIAH or any "heavy" ORBX airport.

I am just mentioning this as an FYI. At most, I need to restart twice. If it doesn't crash in the first few minutes, it works perfectly and I cannot get it to crash no matter what I do.

If the problem is not KMEM, then perhaps KMEM is exposing a bug in some other misbehaving software.

Hnla

« Reply #288 on: August 11, 2016, 03:25:00 pm »
I am just mentioning this as an FYI. At most, I need to restart twice. If it doesn't crash in the first few minutes, it works perfectly and I cannot get it to crash no matter what I do.

That's sort of what I am experiencing too... except if FSX is going to crash, it will always happen on the initial load of KMEM. If KMEM loads correctly, that FSX won't crash no matter what I do.

That's what Umberto experienced when he did a team viewer... it loaded correctly so he "thought" that it was all solved.

The reason why it's annoying is that I can never land at KMEM because of the risk of getting the crash.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #289 on: August 12, 2016, 12:05:38 am »
If the problem is not KMEM, then perhaps KMEM is exposing a bug in some other misbehaving software.

Yes, of course the problem is not KMEM, I think we already proved this. The problem might just be that too many addons use different/wrong/outdated versions of libraries, and this will make the software more prone to errors, that will appear more frequently there, just because it's running more code.

sticky1202

« Reply #290 on: August 12, 2016, 01:39:43 pm »
Try running with all AI traffic disabled. Several years ago I had an issue with a flawed AI paint that would crash my sim at certain airports.

Jim

Sploosh

« Reply #291 on: August 15, 2016, 12:13:17 am »
Hmm, I had the issue of loading to KMEM with the PMDG 737 at a gate and having an immediate crash of FSX. What I do now that works is load to an active runway first, let everything load in, then use GSX to relocate me to a gate, then load the panel state CLD at the gate. Works for me.

por930

« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2016, 01:52:06 am »
Hmm, I had the issue of loading to KMEM with the PMDG 737 at a gate and having an immediate crash of FSX. What I do now that works is load to an active runway first, let everything load in, then use GSX to relocate me to a gate, then load the panel state CLD at the gate. Works for me.
Interesting. Sort of sounds like you are creeping up on your memory boundary. By loading away from airport buildings until FSX settles down to load scenery, then when you move via GSX, for some reason the memory use is handled better.
Geoff

Hnla

« Reply #293 on: August 25, 2016, 04:12:42 pm »
Oh.. the errors go on and on forever...

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: bglmanx.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x578e6097
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x6a9578f0
Faulting process id: 0x8e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1fed6856d7079
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: bglmanx.dll
Report Id: 6a9d201f-6acd-11e6-8d5d-8c89a51aac22

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #294 on: August 25, 2016, 04:26:10 pm »
Oh.. the errors go on and on forever...

Nobody ever reported such error in the whole forum, for the past years..

You are the only one that ever reported an error with bglmanx.dll_unloaded, a while ago (just search the forum), this is the 2nd report, again by you so, it's clear the problem is in your system.

Hnla

« Reply #295 on: August 30, 2016, 03:49:06 pm »
And the KMEM CTD's continue...

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: g2d.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb58
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001b92e
Faulting process id: 0x1318
Faulting application start time: 0x01d202c08a848fc8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\g2d.dll

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #296 on: September 01, 2016, 01:53:39 pm »
And the KMEM CTD's continue...

On you system only, and nobody else ever reported them anymore. You are still the only one still reporting this, so it's clearly not a problem if the scenery.

Hnla

« Reply #297 on: September 01, 2016, 03:24:46 pm »
and nobody else ever reported them anymore.

More like everyone has given up...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #298 on: September 02, 2016, 12:24:18 am »
More like everyone has given up

Nobody is giving up. You seem to forget that KMEM, like everything else, is sold in TRIAL VERSION. If the problem really happened to many people, we would surely have noticed it by now, since nobody would buy it anymore...

No, that's only your own assumption, because you don't want to accept the fact that you are still the only one with the problem left. This assumption is hurting you, because by continuing to assume the problem is caused by KMEM, you are not finding what the real cause.

Again, the fact is happening at KMEM (which I believe this would be your next reply), it's only a symptom that your system has a problem that can only appear on a scenery that uses your video card more than the average scenery does.

Which is obviously an indication of how GOOD it is. CPU-bound sceneries might be more resilient to your video card quirks and bugs, but they are something for the past century, and you pay this dearly, with fps that do not go up, regardless how much hardware you have.

I also don't think running the old standard FSX from 2007 is a very smart thing to do in 2016. Not many 9-years old games runs correctly on the latest OS and video cards.

If you don't want to upgrade to P3D (which would be MY suggested course of action, since is SO MUCH better), at least consider updating to the *current* FSX version, which is FSX:SE.