Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 123849 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2016, 01:53:37 am »
That's clearly a placebo effect.

There are NO changes whatsoever in any of the code between the two versions: I purposely changed ONLY the version number to be sure the installer would overwrite it and wouldn't be confused by the same version, to be sure the file was installed (the installer does version checking automatically).

What might do some difference, instead, is the antivirus blocking it or corrupting it because "it's too new". Another had a similar issue and he went away by reinstalling with the antivirus disabled.

skipy33

« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2016, 07:54:07 am »
Hi Umberto,

Well I disable Norton AV during all download and setup process. As fart as I can see setup_addonmanager  download the files  before install them. Can you give me the size bglmanx.dll should have to be correct? Here are my values:
3.0.0.13: 1 865 488 bytes
3.0.0.14 / 1 : 1 851 664 bytes
3.0.0.14 / 2 : 1 812 240 bytes

I try another time...

Skip.

skipy33

« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2016, 08:59:18 am »
Same problem after a new install. Please confirm the size of the 3.0.0.14 bglmanx.dll?

By the way with any bglmanx.dll (corrupted or not?) I have no crash when starting at Houston, with or without shadows.

Skip.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2016, 10:37:40 am »
It's no use checking the filesize.

Our files are all digitally signed so, if they were corrupted (even a single byte changed from what it's supposed to be), the digital signature would be invalid and you'll surely noticed it, because FSX will warn you about the publisher being unknown. And, you can always check the Digital Signature itself on the file properties.

And yes, it's normal they will be of different sizes, even if only the version number changed.

By the way with any bglmanx.dll (corrupted or not?) I have no crash when starting at Houston, with or without shadows.

So you are crashing ONLY at KMEM now, and only if you play with the aircraft shadows settings ? I'm starting to think that the software itself doesn't have anything to do with this, and it's simply an issues of FSX not being able to handle shadows at KMEM for some reason, something that must have been fixed in P3D (which has an entirely different way of making shadows) and in FSX:SE, because it uses less memory in general. Perhaps they are just taking too much RAM...

We used to do sceneries with realtime shadows completely disabled but, in KMEM, some objects like the animated crews on the parking really required them (a static shadow on an animated guy doesn't look very good). What is puzzling me, is that we never display more than 2-3 of them at time, so they shouldn't take much memory.

skipy33

« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2016, 11:20:41 am »
Well Umberto, when I start to post here it was only because I had g2d.dll crashes when approaching KMEM by day with Aircraft_shadows active. I never had this problem on any other FSDT Airports.

Then starting to update addon manager X I had to update KIAH as well. Perhaps during one update attempt I get a corrupted file (AV or transfer issue) and it's the reason why at a moment I could not start Fsx at all. This issue is solved and by the way I still have problem only at KMEM.

I will perform other tests but I'm sure I don't have the same behaviour at KMEM when using bglmanx.dll 3.0.0.13 or 3.0.0.14 depending on aircraft_shadows active or not at Fsx startup, if I want to change fsx time from day to night or night to day on main menu before loading the flight.

Can you please just confirm the filesize of current bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe so I can stop reinstall it again and again? Because right now and I don't know why the best result I have is with the latest addon manager X installation but with the 3.0.0.13 bglmanx.dll.

PS: How do you dynamicaly change AC Shadow setting in your code? Can't find it on Pete Dawson or Fsdev forums.

Skip.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2016, 11:27:04 am »
Can you please just confirm the filesize of current bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe so I can stop reinstall it again and again? Because right now and I don't know why the best result I have is with the latest addon manager X installation but with the 3.0.0.13 bglmanx.dll.

As I've said, it's no use checking the filesize, because the files are all digitally signed.

PS: How do you dynamicaly change AC Shadow setting in your code? Can't find it on Pete Dawson or Fsdev forums.

Directly in memory, and it's a code that hasn't changed in years. I might send you a test version with a switch to disable the function entirely, but I don't think it's the code that does this being the issue, otherwise it would crash at ANY FSDT airport.

[/quote]

skipy33

« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2016, 01:41:28 pm »
As I've said, it's no use checking the filesize, because the files are all digitally signed.
OK, I backup bglmanx.dll each time I start a new install and as the files are digitally signed it is normal that I have different file sizes for the same 3.0.0.14 dll? And one of them makes Fsx crash at startup, not the others?

I will try another KMEM full install to see if it changes something and gives the same result than using the 3.0.0.13 dll.

Directly in memory, and it's a code that hasn't changed in years. I might send you a test version with a switch to disable the function entirely, but I don't think it's the code that does this being the issue, otherwise it would crash at ANY FSDT airport.

No doubt the code switching the setting is OK. It's the result with KMEM which is strange. By the way I asked that because I have my own "copilot" program using FSUIPC to manage  the flight and it would be nice if I could switch on shadows a few feets before touchdown... A way to bypass my problem. But if it's a direct access to Fsx memory my external program can't do anything.

Well I'm OK to try your test version to see if switching of the function 30nm approaching  KMEM with shadows on prevent from crash. You stillhave my mail?

Skip.

[/quote]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2016, 02:09:01 pm »
OK, I backup bglmanx.dll each time I start a new install and as the files are digitally signed it is normal that I have different file sizes for the same 3.0.0.14 dll?

Yes, it's normal, even if the only thing that changes is the version number. Trust me, it IS normal.

And one of them makes Fsx crash at startup, not the others?

You must always add "on my system". I'm still unable to reproduce any test. We just made another test with FSX+SP2, of course using the latest version of everything, and no crash we could see.

skipy33

« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2016, 02:39:24 pm »
Yes Umberto, on MY Fsx Acceleration system and its specific g2d.dll.

I think I'll take the time to create a SP2 installation along the Acc one as I had by the past. So I could switch to SP2 when flying liners and switch to Acc when flying F/A18 on carriers. Not so difficult with a VM to get the Fsx SP2 tree after installation then copy it on my system and making a lot of links to custom folders.

Skip.

Skip.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2016, 03:37:07 pm »
Yes Umberto, on MY Fsx Acceleration system and its specific g2d.dll.

Do you always get the crash ? I would really like to have a look at your system with Teamviewer then. PM-me to arrange this.

skipy33

« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2016, 04:48:36 pm »
PM you. Even with SP2 I have the problem...

Hnla

« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2016, 02:35:36 am »
Problem still not solved: Just had this crash with default Trike and no ASN:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: g2d.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb58
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001b92e
Faulting process id: 0xe84
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1cce65c44a029
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

pcubine

« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2016, 05:21:30 am »
Problem still not solved: Just had this crash with default Trike and no ASN:
I thought you gave up on KMEM on June 19, 2016 when you wrote "It seems that this airport is too complex for Flight Sim... oh well. Shame it's so beautiful. Time to uninstall." Back for more torture, huh?
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

skipy33

« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2016, 10:59:43 am »
Hi Umberto. I PM you an important message as I found why I have CTD on KMEM. On MY system it is linked with simobjectpaths list with both SODE and HT APcontroler entries (and so objects). On MY system and using KMEM only I have a problem when all these paths / objects are available at the same time. Removing APControler entries (SpliX and Prag) in my case makes KMEM work perfectly.

I let you see the details in PM.

Skip.

Hnla

« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2016, 04:10:25 pm »
I thought you gave up on KMEM on June 19, 2016 when you wrote "It seems that this airport is too complex for Flight Sim... oh well. Shame it's so beautiful. Time to uninstall." Back for more torture, huh?

I got the error while I was going to uninstall KMEM.

And I would think that FSDT would want to try and kill this error for good, however it doesn't see like they can get a good handle on it.