Author Topic: FSX Crashes with FSUIPC4 error with the latest Add-On  (Read 3669 times)

cortina

FSX Crashes with FSUIPC4 error with the latest Add-On
« on: June 03, 2016, 07:11:36 pm »
Hi;

I got a message stating that a new Add-on was available which I downloaded from fsdreamteam.com. I installed it (disabling my anti-virus as I always do) and everything loaded no errors. Once I loaded FSX 10 seconds into the load got the following error (below) and FSX closed.

"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):
Name: FSUIPC4 DLL: FS new universal IPC interface
Version: 4.928
Company: Peter L. Dowson
File: Modules\FSUIPC4.dll
Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?
To avoid seeing this message in the future, uninstall this program or disable its ability to start when running Flight Simulator.  For more information about third-party programs, contact the publisher or see http:\www.fsinsder.com".

I tried it a few times and it keep recurring just at different points during the loading of FSX. I uninstalled the Add-on and the issues is till persists. I have never had this problem before and I haven't installed anything new on my PC in last year except for JFK V2 which has been working with no issues.

A few things to know:
I am using FSX, SP2, Win 7 Pro 64 bit. (since FSX was introduced)
I have never installed a version of  FSUIPC4 on my PC (paid or free) and it doesn't appear on my list of add-on in the FX menu or in my programs file. I never knew it was there until I saw this message, so I am assuming that it was there (bare bones version) installed by other 3rd parties. Which is strange since I thought the few 3rd parties products I have use simconnect.

I did look on the FSUIPC4 forum but the only issues i saw was from paid version customer who reported issues in 2014 (over 2 years ago) which wasn't relevant to me.

It seems that something with the latest version of the Add-on caused a conflict with the FSUIPC4 or installed FSUIPC4. Again, never had a problem before, until installing the add-on.

Any help you can provide would greatly appreciated.

Regards.
Cortina

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Crashes with FSUIPC4 error with the latest Add-On
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 12:52:04 am »
Nothing in our software has anything to do with FSUIPC. We don't use, call, install, require or interact with FSUIPC in any way, and they won't interfere with each other. If there was some kind of conflict between the two, it would have been reported already.

If you happened to have this crash after installing the Addon Manager, it was just a random coincidence.

cortina

Re: FSX Crashes with FSUIPC4 error with the latest Add-On
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 04:37:11 pm »
Thanks very much for the clarification, I appreciate it. Will do some digging to try and determine what caused it.

Kindest Regards.
Cortina.