Author Topic: GSX Addon Unknown Error (FSX)  (Read 8798 times)

CaptainSloppy

GSX Addon Unknown Error (FSX)
« on: May 17, 2016, 08:12:02 am »
So I've had GSX for almost a year now and everything was working fine. up until now...I've been trying to solve this issue all weekend long and  I have no Idea what caused it or how to fix it.
Please Help!.

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\catering.py", line 191, in do
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 208, in do
  File ".\contextlib.py", line 33, in __exit__
  File "couatl\common\engineNoiseEmitter.py", line 56, in running
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 205, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 272, in run
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 46, in smoothPath
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'frontWheels'

Things I've tried so far...Reinstalling GSX, third party scenery, Repairing FSX, Installing a standalone Addon manager.
None of those fixed it. the last change I remember doing was in the FSX.cfg file but I don't get how that would affect GSX at all since I'm only tweaking specific settings to gain more FPS.
and YES I've read every single post with a similar issue none of them can fix mine. I've also tried different airports and different planes, still get prompted with the same error. and the funny thing is I'm mostly using default scenery... :'(
I appreciate your suggestions and thanks in advance!   :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Addon Unknown Error (FSX)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 10:38:11 am »
As you already found out, nobody ever reported THIS particular error and we cannot replicated. The first thing to do, is to be sure you are using the CURRENT full GSX installer, not some old installer you might have downloaded in the past.

CaptainSloppy

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 10:05:44 pm »
I have downloaded both GSX full installer and the Stand Alone addon manager from the FSDT website, so I'm assuming they're the latest version.
Still get the same error, nothing changes.

CaptainSloppy

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 10:45:08 pm »
When I tried Reinstalling GSX I also get this other error "the setup cannot file the specified file" I think it happens when It's trying to copy something to the DLL.xml

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 08:57:23 am »
When I tried Reinstalling GSX I also get this other error "the setup cannot file the specified file" I think it happens when It's trying to copy something to the DLL.xml

You clearly have some problem in your system. You can activate logging in the installer, this way:

- Open a command prompt  ( start -> CMD -> enter )

- go to the folder where you have the installer, for example:

CD c:\Users\Yourname\Desktop

Assuming you put the installer on the Desktop

- launch the installer with this command:

gsx_fsx_setup.exe /log=install.log

This should hopefully create a file named install.log on your Desktop. If you have it, then send it to me ( via Email, please ).

CaptainSloppy

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 03:59:43 pm »
I successfully created the install log file. your Email is hidden in your profile so I'm not sure where to send the file.
I'm sending it to the Email in the About section of the fb page. if that's not the right email, I'll wait to confirm with you where to send it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 04:06:13 pm »
I successfully created the install log file. your Email is hidden in your profile so I'm not sure where to send the file.

The "Contact Us" page of this site.

I'm sending it to the Email in the About section of the fb page. if that's not the right email, I'll wait to confirm with you where to send it.

I've received it and replied to it. The error is not important ( it failed to run an XML “beautifier” utility, probably because of the antivirus blocking it ), but it won’t affect the installation, which completed successfully.

CaptainSloppy

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 05:21:46 pm »
Replied to your email as well, issue persists.

CaptainSloppy

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 04:22:30 am »
I just did a clean Install of FSX...My main folder size was about 70GB.
And I'm still getting this freaking error, is this a joke? No Addons were installed.
Everything's in their default value. What's causing this?
Also I probably uninstalled everything for nothing now...

hselim

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 03:09:03 am »
Hi
I have got the same error and same procedures I adopted and again I got the same error

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 08:50:59 am »
Sorry, but I cannot replicate the problem, and only you two users are reporting it. Do you have the error only when using a specific plane or scenery ? Does it happen with a default airplane on a default airport ?

If it doesn't happen with a default airplane on a default airport, please indicate the airplane and the airport and gate where it happens.

CaptainSloppy

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 09:23:41 am »
Ok I've fixed it...Anyone who's experiencing the same issue or other related "Unknown Addon errors" Please don't rush to do a clean install without trying this first.

When you uninstall GSX there's always leftovers everywhere...this isn't news, happens with every software you install.
Manually deleting files and registries can be tedious but sometimes necessary.
I suggest downloading ioBit Uninstaller to make sure you remove every last bit of GSX.
if you want to do it by hand:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam

The folder inside FSX should be empty but just in case.

Once you're done, reboot and run GSX_setup as admin.

Beware! if you do delete all registry entries tied to GSX with Iobit Uninstaller, you're going to have to activate the product again.

Honestly I know whoever's taking care of tech support isn't a god and can't possibly know everything.
But if you can't pin point the error, at least instruct customers how to fully remove the product.

Good luck!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 02:17:33 pm »
When you uninstall GSX there's always leftovers everywhere...this isn't news, happens with every software you install.

These files are not "leftovers", they are your own user preferences! It would be wrong by removing them automatically when uninstalling, because that way you would lose all GSX customized airplanes and all your customized airports.

So, it's correct the uninstaller won't remove them and, it's not normal that you would have your problem fixed this way, but something must have been wrong in one of these files. Again, this shouldn't happen, since these configuration files are generated automatically so, unless you edit them by hand, they cannot be "wrong", perhaps they were just corrupted on your system for some reason.

Unfortunately, if you removed them without saving them back, we'll never know what it was, but of course, clearing all your preference is always an option that can be tried, as a last resort.

yuraco

Re:
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2016, 01:06:41 am »
I have the same problem,  I purchased the gsx on Sept 7th and I used it for 2 month without problem. After uninstall and install again it doesn't work.
I tried all the solution in the forum, full installer, antivirus exception, the only thing that I haven't tried is delete the folder manually. Please help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re:
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2016, 12:46:31 pm »
I have the same problem

Do you mean you have THIS, exact, identical problem ? This error ?

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'frontWheels'

If yes, this has been already resolved in this thread, which is 6 months old.

If no, please DO NOT attach to a thread that doesn't have anything to do with your problem, post a new one, and make a precise description of your problem.