Author Topic: Coualt Scripting Engine Error.  (Read 5360 times)

cpimentel

Coualt Scripting Engine Error.
« on: January 10, 2016, 05:03:38 pm »
Couati.err:

couatl v3.0 (build 3171)
panic log started on Thu Nov 26 22:22:58 2015

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
Bglmanx disconnected prematurely
RuntimeError: run() must be run from the main tasklet.
disconnected from SimConnect.

Please tell me what this means and what can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Pimentel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coualt Scripting Engine Error.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 02:17:06 pm »
You are running an outdated version of Couatl. Download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager to get the current one.

cpimentel

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:28:46 pm »
Thanks for your information. I'm looking for the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager but I don't find the link or the process for download it.

Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 05:02:19 pm »
I'm looking for the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager but I don't find the link or the process for download it.

There's a link to download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager on every product "Info" page, on the left side of the page.

cpimentel

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 09:17:49 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Thanks for your support. I will inform you the result.

Carlos

cpimentel

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 09:50:24 pm »
Unfortunatly the result is negative. My PC freeze when I open FSX as before. I must force shutdown to restart my windows 7.

Thanks in advance for an alternative solution.

Carlos

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 02:06:24 pm »
Unfortunatly the result is negative. My PC freeze when I open FSX as before. I must force shutdown to restart my windows 7.

You never said before your PC froze. You said it gave you an Couatl scripting error and posted the error log, that's why I told you to update.

An hard freeze that would force you to shutdown the system, CANNOT be possibly caused by a simple program module like this. ONLY a program with low-level access to your system, like a video or audio driver could cause such reset.

The *worse* possible result is that FSX might crash  at start, but NOT the whole Windows!! If you are in such situation, the problem is elsewhere and doesn't have anything to do with any of our software.

A crash on FSX startup usually means a problem with the antivirus that has blocked the download and install of the latest version. It doesn't seem your case, since you said Windows froze too but, just in case, follow the usual procedure when antivirus interference is suspected:

- REBOOT WINDOWS

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

cpimentel

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 08:07:01 pm »
Sorry for my silence. I was away from my PC all day. Your excellent support deserves an answer more enlightening that I will send to you as soon as possible.

Thank you very much again for your reply.

Carlos

cpimentel

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 07:51:43 pm »
Finally this issue is solved. The conflict was being caused by the Asus driver of my graphics card. With the installation of the latest version my FSX returned to normal.

Thanks for your care.

Carlos