Author Topic: Error message when installing CYVR  (Read 7725 times)

nordicman

Error message when installing CYVR
« on: December 11, 2015, 03:27:20 pm »
Every time i have tried to download CYVR, after i have selected the Drive and the resolution i get an error say:

Youmust enter a full path with driver letter, for exampl

C:\APP

or a UNC path in a form

\\server\share

When i click ok the installer closes and nothing happens. I have tried over and over to install but it doesnt work. All other FSDT airports are installed into my P3Dv3 with 0 issues.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error message when installing CYVR
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 04:55:03 pm »
Have you installed the sim into the root of the drive ? If yes, don't do it. It's a huge security hole.

Some of our installers supports installing into the root of the drive, since it's seems some users do this mistake, but CYVR doesn't support it. While we might update it in the future, if you installed the sim into the root of the drive, I strongly suggest not doing it.

nordicman

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 06:18:27 pm »
I have P3Dv3 in D: where should i install it? Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 06:20:21 pm »
You can install it in any drive, but not on the root!

D:\P3D, for example, is OK

D:\ is not.

nordicman

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 07:08:17 pm »
It is not giving me an option of where to place the folder. Once i click on it, it asks for either P3Dv2 or V3 then after i pick the low, normal or high density then it hits me with that error again.

iamcanadian2

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 08:14:08 pm »
I have exactly the same issue and I don't know how to redirect the drive letter. using command prompt?

Help please!!

Ok I now understand. I have mine g:\. I should have made a folder prepard3d and then install there. Hours of work 40+getting all orbx installed plus all updates ,Issues with Saitek drivers . 2 weeks and still not working 100% and now uninstall and redo. OMG!.I will leave YVR on the shelf.
why doesn't LM make the Sim create a folder, like FSX makes a folder Microsoft \fsx.
 I can still get my money back from LM and the more I use it the more issues and time wasted.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:38:13 pm by iamcanadian2 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 10:03:56 am »
We'll update the CYVR installer to support the root drive (even if it's wrong and very dangerous to install a sim there), in the next update.

iamcanadian2

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 02:06:04 am »
Really Wow that would be great!.
YVR looks great in FSX ,which I fly more in mostly because of the 3d,  I noticed there is an update already for par3d v3.1, which I don't plan on updating unless a support 3d fix is on the way which I doubt.
Thanks for the reply  :)

nordicman

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 12:32:15 pm »
There is still no change, i can't go past selecting all the textures. It gives me the same error all over.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 11:29:48 am »
There is still no change, i can't go past selecting all the textures. It gives me the same error all over.

Why you expected any change ? I said we will update the installer to allow installation in the root drive, but I never said it's already done!

And, of course, if you just "moved" the sim into a sub-folder, this won't work either, if the registry keys for the sim are still pointing to the root folder. The standard registry keys for the sim are, of course, the only place the installer looks to find your sim. They must always point to the correct folder and, with the current version of the installer, it cannot be the root of a drive.