Author Topic: A couple things noticed at Ohare (virtuali, alessandro, kappa)  (Read 4997 times)

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
A couple things noticed at Ohare (virtuali, alessandro, kappa)
« on: November 29, 2008, 05:07:20 am »
Today, I was lucky enough to travel between NY JFK, and Chicago Ohare, meaning not one, but two of your excellent products available for FS2004 and X. I noticed some things, however at the two airports.

1. at JFK, the Airtrain is modeled, and looks quite nice, I noticed at Ohare, that the tramcars do not move in the sim, as the ones do in JFK,

2. Ohare Terminal 1 concourse C, (the united terminal on the island) on the international side, the centerline lights stay on 24 hours. (kind of like Dubai)

3. the new Ohare runway, (we landed on it from onboard Jetblue) only has major touchdown marks on the 27R side, the 9L side has been unused for landings up to this point.

4. the 14L run up, (extends to the runway) but there is no taxiway linking the two, they are touching, but they do not link

5. there is no parallel taxiway as planned, instead there is just the main runway, with 4 connecting taxiways, 2 positioned at the "piano keyes" and two, high speed exits, that originate from the very ends of the runway, terminating at around the touchdown zone

6. unlike many development pictures suggest, the runway surface is quite similar to the existing pavement these darker textures are misleading... In fact, maybe it was the time of day, but I really couldn't distinguish between the new and old pavement (other then the rubber burn...)

7. the biggest plane I saw land there was an A330, keep in mind that because of the way the taxiways are positioned, AI should take a long rollout on this runway, I am used to AI stopping as quickly as possible, I often find that AI well exit the nearest taxiway, which in some cases in the sim, will be behind them, this might cause some unwanted go-arounds, as most smaller aircraft such as CRJ's (3 of which landed on that runway) can easily clear in less then half the runway length...

These are just some things that I noticed at ohare (maybe they will be useful for your next update)...

otherwise, I am amazed by the level of detail in both sceneries...

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: A couple things noticed at Ohare (virtuali, alessandro, kappa)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 08:25:15 pm »
Tks for Info, an Update for both airport is planned for the 2009, the work for update take much time, is very hard to have a release date, but KORD and KJFK are FSDT bestseller, for this reason both airport have a full support and update.

Alessandro.

ps. please attach your pics on forum.

Alessandro.

HamburgerJung

Re: A couple things noticed at Ohare (virtuali, alessandro, kappa)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 07:25:05 pm »
What for updates in JFK, is there a new Taxiway, new Terminal or what?  ;D