Author Topic: Airport vehichles and Aircraft editing...**SOLVED**  (Read 3033 times)

SkeeterCrane

Airport vehichles and Aircraft editing...**SOLVED**
« on: November 05, 2015, 03:00:05 pm »
Hello all,

First , Thank you FSDREAMTEAM and those involved in developing the great products! And also those who post such useful info in this forum. Now, I just  updated my GSX a few days ago, I had a few snags with the updater, but that seems to have updated my GSX installation as described in release notes . my first problem is the airport position editor and ground vehicle editor shows an error when attempting to edit.  here is what it says:

11:17:05 AM: XRC error: 1798: too many children in grid sizer: 12 > 2 x 2 (consider omitting the number of rows or columns)
11:17:05 AM: XRC error: 1798: unexpected item in sizer

I could not seem to find an answer on this forum , please help!

Also I don't see any options for chocks or ground power  but I see cones and the choice of airline handling am I missing something?
the Aircraft I use are freeware like Tom Ruth and Posky/Skyspirit etc.

I am using orbx scenery which installed after my original gsx installation if that helps, also I am using FSX Gold !
Some help in this issue would be kindly appreciated !

thank you
SkeeterCrane
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 10:49:18 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport vehichles and Aircraft editing...please help!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 04:08:52 pm »
Now, I just  updated my GSX a few days ago, I had a few snags with the updater, but that seems to have updated my GSX installation as described in release notes . my first problem is the airport position editor and ground vehicle editor shows an error when attempting to edit.  here is what it says:

11:17:05 AM: XRC error: 1798: too many children in grid sizer: 12 > 2 x 2 (consider omitting the number of rows or columns)
11:17:05 AM: XRC error: 1798: unexpected item in sizer

What have you done to update ? That error indicates you haven't updated correctly. The most likely cause, is you skipped a major upgrade in the past, so you are now have applied a minor update having lost the previous major update.

When you are not sure of your update procedure, the easiest solution is simply download and install the full GSX installer, which is ALWAYS entirely updated to the very latest version of everything.

SkeeterCrane

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 10:11:36 pm »
Thank You for response, I updated through live updater then had problems so downloaded stand alone manager then still had problem ( did not seem to update) so downloaded full installer but DID NOT uninstall gsx...maybe that's it?  Ill try uninstalling and re-downloading full installer to see if that helps, Ill let ya know. Thank you very much. stay tuned Lol!

SkeeterCrane

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 10:25:08 pm »
Wow! I feel like a Ground Crewman HaHa ! ( no offense to those who work as Ground Crew its a little joke) That fixed it Thank You Sir.  How About the ground power and chocks are they available or?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 10:49:09 pm »
That fixed it Thank You Sir.  How About the ground power and chocks are they available or?

No, they aren't, but will be in the future.