Author Topic: Couatl3 error  (Read 3554 times)

Swisspilot

Couatl3 error
« on: October 26, 2015, 08:16:02 pm »
Hi

In the last few weeks I more and more get an error message saying "Couatl3 has to be restarted, please download the latest Addon-Manager".

It often happens, If I select deboarding. My GSX is updated to the latest version and last week I also installed the latest Addon-Manager (due to this error message, never did this before). And this is also the last thing I installed.

I here write you the two error files of today.

1. London Southend Airport Standard FSX Scenery:
couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
panic log started on Mon Oct 26 19:54:11 2015

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'EGMC', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate G 2', 'User Pos': (51.56838989257811, 0.6989479064941405, 19.3576 m, 4.42265 m, 179.66411884874591)}

2. Zurich Aerosoft V2
couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
panic log started on Mon Oct 26 19:57:39 2015

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'LSZH', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate I 91', 'User Pos': (47.45593261718749, 8.557748794555664, 436.019 m, 4.42265 m, 125.53800210845449)}

After restarting Couatl (didn't close FSX) it workes again.

Could you please help me out.

Kind Regards
Patrick
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 08:20:37 pm by Swisspilot »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl3 error
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 03:21:54 pm »
Are you getting the error only in those two sceneries ?

nevetrek

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 02:12:35 am »
Same for me before some week on each airport ...

I use GSX from 2 years without problem ...
There is some weeks, I uninstall my old versus GSX and coalty for instal a new clean actual versus GSX, coalty and the recent manager  ... and now, I have also this every time the same error description from Patrick on each big airport ... I never have this error before with the old versus about your program ...  ( sorry for my bad English )
The error invit me every time for download the last Add on manager ... my actual addon manager are 3.009 !

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:36:30 am by nevetrek »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 10:21:51 am »
I'm sorry, but we cannot replicate the problem. It's just something that should't happen. Maybe you have another 3rd party module in conflict.

You can try to temporarily disable all your other 3rd party addons in your DLL.XML and EXE.XML file, by setting their lines as follows:

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

Do this for every other addon in the DLL.XML file, except bglmanx.dll (the Addon Manager) and do the same in the EXE.XML file for every other addon module in the EXE.XML file, except Couatl.exe

This is JUST A TEST, to check if the problem is caused by a conflict with something else.

Your DLL.XML and EXE.XML are located under %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

nevetrek

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 12:39:33 pm »
Thanks for this suggestion , but not ... I tried this test but the result are the same  :-\
What's exactly make ...
After stop the aircraft at the gate, I call the couatl menu for choise 1.déboarding ... Gsx begin run, sound appear ... the first ( but not all ) ellement came ( tractor train, bus  ... and some time after I receive this message  
http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/28710686/ex1.jpg
But that's not happend on all airport,  ...
Also ... I have the same problem descript in this recent post " Vehicle tractor container udl not appear "  
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12738.msg96150.html#msg96150
Some ellement appear, ( bus, tractor train, sound, marchaler ) but some ellements not appear ( stair, cone, elevateur baggage )   ....
At this time I solve this problem ellement disappear by reinstalling full GSX !

The log error give by couatl on my recent test on KMIA airport are :
Off course ... I anticipate your answers ... AFCAD problem !!!  I look airport by airport for the update afcad or réinstall airport for solve! ... But I have this problem in many airport where I not have this problem with the previous old GSX version :-\
It is possible that's happen because I choise option  "install recent AFCAD" in the instaler GSX ???
At this time, the only way find for solve this error are reinstalling each airport where I find this problem for solve it !!!
That's a big job just for an update GSX !!!

couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
panic log started on Thu Oct 29 11:49:12 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 272, in do
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 222, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 391, in run
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 272, in do
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 222, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 390, in run
RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive
{'Airport': 'KMIA', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate D 4', 'User Pos': (25.79903052330968, -80.27173333368084, 7.40705 m, 4.96905 m, 180.53893483094365)}

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:45:24 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 04:52:22 pm »
Also ... I have the same problem descript in this recent post " Vehicle tractor container udl not appear "  

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12738.msg96150.html#msg96150
Some ellement appear, ( bus, tractor train, sound, marchaler ) but some ellements not appear ( stair, cone, elevateur baggage )   .... At this time I solve this problem ellement disappear by reinstalling full GSX !

So, you shouldn't say "I have the same problem", but "I HAD the same problem, but fixed it by reinstalling GSX", which shows your vehicles were outdated. There wasn't any need to reinstall the full GSX, but you simply had to download and install the vehicle updates.

As explained on the GSX manual, if there's an update of the vehicles (and we had some of them, which were clearly indicated in the Live Update released notes ), if you apply the Live Update, you MUST also download and install the vehicles update installers.

The log error give by couatl on my recent test on KMIA airport are:

RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive
{'Airport': 'KMIA', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate D 4', 'User Pos': (25.79903052330968, -80.27173333368084, 7.40705 m, 4.96905 m, 180.53893483094365)}

Off course ... I anticipate your answers ... AFCAD problem !!! I look airport by airport for the update afcad or réinstall airport for solve! ...

Yes, of course it's an AFCAD problem. This specific error has been discussed many times on the forum, and it's a bug of the AFCAD.

You can easily verify this with ADE or AFX (ADE is free), with the "Fault finder" option, and I'm sure ADE will report many errors on that AFCAD, so you want to report them to the developers.

But I have this problem in many airport where I not have this problem with the previous old GSX version

That doesn't mean the problem it's GSX. Older versions might simply chose other paths, so they skipped the area with the error by chance, but that doesn't mean the error in the scenery is not there.

It is possible that's happen because I choise option  "install recent AFCAD" in the instaler GSX ???

This is related ONLY to AFCADs for FSDT sceneries ? Do you have that error on an FSDT scenery ? If yes, please report it, because we surely have to check it, since such error it's a fault of the scenery, and we are interested in fixing our own sceneries...

nevetrek

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 06:36:01 pm »
 ...Sir remeber, English are not my language, sorry, and that's a little bit difficult for me for explain the troubles ... I'm french  ;) !

About the disappear vehicles ...Not, my GSX are not outdated, because a recent full new install from +- 10 days old ... and some days after use, a lot of ellement vehicle are disappear.  I never apply live update on this last 10 days ! And yes, I solve by réinstall today a full GSX. Are you change the vehicle library in this last 10 days in GSX ?

" The Specific error has been discusses many times " ... Of course, what do you think ? all your users come here and take all the days time for study all 10.000 pages about your forum ?  Certainly some big fan ... but not all customer about your product
If the coualt error message are clear, and not give the bad way about "addon manager outdated" and/or " unknow addon" for an afcad problem, that's also more easy for the users find the problems and a lot of users not ask every time the same question !
We must also know that the message " RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive " = You have an AFCAD problem on this airport !!!  That's a suggest sir, add also this Afcad message on the coalt error report for give a track at the users
But now, with this information ... I have a good way for track the problems and solve it
" This is related ONLY to AFCADs for FSDT sceneries " OK, understand this option now, I think this option put a new afcad for all airports ! ...
Thanks
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:58:23 pm by nevetrek »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 11:41:20 am »
About the disappear vehicles ...Not, my GSX are not outdated, because a recent full new install from +- 10 days old ...

Yes, they were outdated.

and some days after use, a lot of ellement vehicle are disappear.  I never apply live update on this last 10 days ! And yes, I solve by réinstall today a full GSX. Are you change the vehicle library in this last 10 days in GSX ?

The Live Update, as clearly explained on the manual, does NOT update vehicles!! If vehicles are updated, you MUST download the vehicles installer. And yes, we have updated the vehicles in the last days, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12708.msg96174.html#msg96174

However, this updated only fixed a problem with ONE model of the staircase, not reaching the correct height.

" The Specific error has been discusses many times " ... Of course, what do you think ? all your users come here and take all the days time for study all 10.000 pages about your forum ?  Certainly some big fan ... but not all customer about your product

See the magnifying lens on the top of the forum ? It's the forum SEARCH function.

1) Click on it

2) Insert the error message you got, where it says "Search for:", type "cruise speed must be positive"

3) Click the "Search" button

It will give you 2 pages of results, but you don't have to read them all (even if they are just 2 pages, not "10.000" ), the FIRST result would already gave you back the same answer:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12689.0.html

If the coualt error message are clear, and not give the bad way about "addon manager outdated" and/or " unknow addon" for an afcad problem, that's also more easy for the users find the problems and a lot of users not ask every time the same question !

The error message in the DIALOG BOX is short, because the dialog box cannot display many lines of text. But the dialog box doesn't say JUST that. It ASKS if you want to open the log to see the error in detail.

You don't have to *understand* the error, but JUST use it as a search string for the forum SEARCH function.

We must also know that the message " RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive " = You have an AFCAD problem on this airport !!!  That's a suggest sir, add also this Afcad message on the coalt error report for give a track at the users

This doesn't make any sense. Error codes can be anything, you cannot expect we would have to program a separate suggestion for each one. Have you EVER seen a Windows error code ? Like this one ?

Do you find it to be particularly easy to understand, or include "suggestions" or what might have caused it ? And what you do if you see it ? Just use Google to SEARCH for the error code so, what's the difference ? Just use the search on our forum instead, and it's exactly the same.

OK, understand this option now, I think this option put a new afcad for all airports ! ...

No, the best solution would be, after you check the AFCAD for errors, to contact the scenery developers and report the problem to them, because they might want to know about it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 11:44:05 am by virtuali »